$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

So, just went to play a record and then randomly it would slow down for one second at a time. I gave it a rest and now it's worse, definitely not playing at the correct speed as well as speeding up and slowing down. Anyone know what the cause for this could be?

My old turntable did that one time, it ended up being the belt just barely wonky somewhere. Could always shoot them an email.

So, just went to play a record and then randomly it would slow down for one second at a time. I gave it a rest and now it's worse, definitely not playing at the correct speed as well as speeding up and slowing down. Anyone know what the cause for this could be?

My current table that I'm buying the Orbit to replace does this.

I thought it was the belt - found a replacement online and it seemed to fix it at first, but now it's just really finicky about when it wants to work right. 

Has anyone heard/know of the cancelation process with U-Turn? The statement on their website is somewhat vauge. I've been looking at the Pro Ject Debut Carbon as of late, and if I am able to find a good Memorial Day deal out there, I may just jump on that.

They're super helpful and easy. I emailed them because there was a chance I was going to have to cancel my order because I needed some emergency funds. So I asked if they could still cancel this close to ship date and they emailed back and said yeah, just let them know if I needed to and to give them my name, order number, and PayPal email.

They're super helpful and easy. I emailed them because there was a chance I was going to have to cancel my order because I needed some emergency funds. So I asked if they could still cancel this close to ship date and they emailed back and said yeah, just let them know if I needed to and to give them my name, order number, and PayPal email.

I really appreciate the feedback Kevin! The guys at U-Turn have been very helpful the couple of times I have contacted them, so I was expecting them to be helpful in this regard, but I didn't want to assume anything, ya know?

I'm holding off until Tuesday as it is. I don't want to buy another TT just to find out my Orbit shipped out before I could contact them.

I really appreciate the feedback Kevin! The guys at U-Turn have been very helpful the couple of times I have contacted them, so I was expecting them to be helpful in this regard, but I didn't want to assume anything, ya know?

I'm holding off until Tuesday as it is. I don't want to buy another TT just to find out my Orbit shipped out before I could contact them.

Understandable! They said that you could cancel up until the day it ships, so there is that! I'm super stoked to get mine. It will be shipping this week assuming there's no delays. I had looked at the Carbon but the extra price was just too much for too little in my opinion, and I like the company a lot so far.

Has anyone heard/know of the cancelation process with U-Turn? The statement on their website is somewhat vauge. I've been looking at the Pro Ject Debut Carbon as of late, and if I am able to find a good Memorial Day deal out there, I may just jump on that.

Where are you in California? Amoeba is doing 20% turntables on Monday, not sure if it's online or in store only. 

Where are you in California? Amoeba is doing 20% turntables on Monday, not sure if it's online or in store only. 

I actually received their e-mail, but I appreciate the thought. I meant to post that on here, though I wasn't sure what the appropriate thread is. For those interested, they are also giving away a tote bag with vinyl care goods, which I'm guessing is a brush or something of the like.

Unfortunately, I'm about 3 1/2 hours away from either Amoeba location, and the promo is in-stores only.  For anyone that is interested, Woodwind and Brasswind has a code for 15% off of purchases of $199 or more. I tried checking out, but the code did not work with the Pro-Ject. However, I used their chat service to talk with a customer rep. He confirmed that the item was eligible and apologized for the inconvenience, and then said that if I called their 800 number, they would be able to help me complete my transaction. 

I havent completed the transaction because as I mentioned earlier, I want to contact U-Turn first. The promo is also valid until the 28th(wednesday), so it still leaves ample time. 

that 15 dollar discount is pretty nice atleast. cant decide whether to save up for the grado blue cart or acrylic platter... what do you guys think would be the better investment?

I think I'd grab the acrylic platter before the Grado Blue, but that's just me. Especially if you're already getting a Geado Black. That may be a dumb answer, but I think the acrylic platter adds a lot of aesthetic appeal and for me the different between the Black and Blue wouldn't be too discernible. Given my current setup. Plus a lot of people say it helps with noise reduction or something along those lines in more technical terms. I'm obviously by no means a person who can tell a huge difference between a $100 cart and a $150 cart, but that's partially because of my setup. So, my opinion on the matter should be taken with a grain of salt. :P

Also, has anyone bought one of the Q-Ups? How easy are they to install? Do they work well/effeciently? Is there a better option or should I just use my $15 coupon on one of those?