$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

If you use it with a mat, you might as well not get the platter upgrade.

The whole point is that the acrylic is close to the same material that makes up the physical records.

Exactly using any mat on an acrylic platter completely misses the point of having one. The only mats I use are acrylic ones on decks that have brass or alloy platters.

I use a clamp rather than a weight as I worry about the extra load on the bearing and drag on the belt on start-up when using a weight but it's horses for courses on that one.

There are a lot of good designs about so you would need to do a bit of research and it depends on whether you are using belt or direct drive and whether your turntable is sprung or not.

This is really cool. The design is awesome and a good price. I'm just now seeing this for the first time. I wonder how it compares to the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon cause there are some things about this U-Turn I like more than my Pro-Ject. Like not needing to lift up the platter to change the belt/speed for one haha.

Anyway, looking forward to see how people think these are.

This is really cool. The design is awesome and a good price. I'm just now seeing this for the first time. I wonder how it compares to the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon cause there are some things about this U-Turn I like more than my Pro-Ject. Like not needing to lift up the platter to change the belt/speed for one haha.

Anyway, looking forward to see how people think these are.

People have had these for a while.

I've yet to see a negative review from someone who owns the table, but yet a few "audiophile bloggers" have made claims about them being not so great.

Okay so i got shipping confirmation today (finally..) however about a month ago i asked if they could change the color from black to blue and they said they did but it says black. And i upgraded the cart a few weeks ago (which is already paid for) and they gave me the wrong one.... This is not my week.