$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

well i kinda just got the cheapest cart i could get when i bought it. so i'd be upgrading from the 25 dollar one to the grado blue. so would the platter still be more worth over that?

Again, I'm not well-versed in all this, but I think if you're upgrading from the cheapest cart it'd be better to upgrade the cart. If it were me I'd just go with the black, as it's a little more cost-smart in my opinion, but you may be able to notice a bigger difference in the Black and Blue. I went with the acrylic platter and Grado Black cuz I thought it was the best option.

Also, you might be able to email them and change your order so you can knock a bit off the price instead of replacing the cart once you get it?

I also see they added a cork slipmat, so I might use my coupon on thought. Still can't decide.

well i dont think that im gonna go right ahead and buy the black or the blue once i get it. i assume those codes last quite a while so i'll probably just see how the cart i got sounds before i decide anything

Your plan is not bad at all. One thing to consider, though, is that it would be slightly more expensive to buy the cartridge outright than to upgrade your current order. As Kevin mentioned, you can email them and change your order.

I originally got the Audio-Techinica AT-95E (the +$25 option), but when they sent me a $10 code on my first delay, I used it towards the Grado Black and ended up only having to pay an extra $10 (since the Grado Black adds $45 when you use the build-your-own function).

By comparison, U-Turn sells the Grado Black for $70 plus 5 for shipping. So with your $15 coupon, you'd be looking at $60 to get the Grado down the line, whereas if you already ordered the AT-95E (which if I read correctly is what your current order has), you'd only have to pay an extra 5 dollars to get the Grado right now. 

Edit: I was looking through the store and realized the stock cartridge sells for $25, so I realized maybe that is what you meant when you said you got the $25 one. In that case it would be an additional $30 to upgrade to the Grado Black if you modified your order.

Your plan is not bad at all. One thing to consider, though, is that it would be slightly more expensive to buy the cartridge outright than to upgrade your current order. As Kevin mentioned, you can email them and change your order.

I originally got the Audio-Techinica AT-95E (the $25 option), but when they sent me a $10 code on my first delay, I used it towards the Grado Black and ended up only having to pay an extra $10 (since the Grado Black adds $45 when you use the build-your-own function).

By comparison, U-Turn sells the Grado Black for $70 plus 5 for shipping. So with your $15 coupon, you'd be looking at $60 to get the Grado down the line, whereas if you already ordered the AT-95E (which if I read correctly is what your current order has), you'd only have to pay an extra 5 dollars to get the Grado right now. 

this confused me a lot and probably because its late and i havent slept in 2 full days but i understood the last sentence and i will email them right now. 

question though. can i only do this for the black? is the grado blue any better? or not really worth the extra money?

this confused me a lot and probably because its late and i havent slept in 2 full days but i understood the last sentence and i will email them right now.

question though. can i only do this for the black? is the grado blue any better? or not really worth the extra money?

Another thing to consider is that if you order another cart down the road, you'll have to install it and calibrate it yourself. You might be pretty good at that, though. I I just know I'd be awful. Haha.

I'm sure the Blue would work with the coupon too. I think he was just saying it'd be a little more cost-effective to get the Black. Again, I'm sure if you got the Blue, you'd be happy with it, I just think the cost vs sound difference tends more toward the Black, for me.

My fault, I probably misinterpreted one of your post. Also, I thought you were interested only in the Black. But, yes, you can get the Grado Blue as well. I can't really say which to go with, but you have both options open to you.

If you haven't already e-mailed them, you could also ask them for a price, after your discount code is applied, on either upgrade. Once you get a better idea of how much each upgrade is, you can decide and then let them know which one you'd like. 

My fault, I probably misinterpreted one of your post. Also, I thought you were interested only in the Black. But, yes, you can get the Grado Blue as well. I can't really say which to go with, but you have both options open to you.

If you haven't already e-mailed them, you could also ask them for a price, after your discount code is applied, on either upgrade. Once you get a better idea of how much each upgrade is, you can decide and then let them know which one you'd like. 

yeah i emailed them recently. i think i'll just go with the black because im not trying to spend a ton of cash right now. and im sure that will be enough to suit my needs. im waiting for their response now but hopefully its pretty cheap after the discount and stuff.

So if I order one in the next week or so, is it likely I'll get it before or around, like, mid-august? My cousin is visiting around then and we're definitely gonna be spinning some records. I know everyone's getting delay emails, but I don't know when exactly you guys all ordered.

i read a quote from them somewhere (maybe on their facebook or in an email, can't recall) where they said they have gotten the delivery estimates back on track. I ordered on March 20, estimated shipping has been pushed back a couple times to a now estimated June 09. Every turntable is made to order, as I was tipped off earlier in the thread. honestly, factor 2.5 months turnaround(so August probably isn't out of the question), and you won't be let down with the wait. I considered canceling my order and going a different route, but the overwhelming positive reviews I've read in this thread and elsewhere is what made me decide to be as patient (as possible). Also, like someone else pointed out, it feels good to support the little guy making a quality product...