Elephant Six Collective Albums/Bands

Alright, So I just recently bought the repress of The Olivia Tremor Control's album Dusk at Cubist Castle and I am sitting here enjoying the hell out of it

Anyone have any other Elephant Six Collective bands that I should check out...

I know a lot of these albums are probably going to be hard to track down because I'm sure they are OOP on vinyl by now, but if you could post a link if it is still available that would be awesome...

mangum_friends.jpg

If you can track down a copy of 1st Imaginary Symphony for Nomad by the Music Tapes (took me years to get one), jump on that shit.

One of my favorite albums of all time.

Julian Koster is one of my favorite people, period.

Just listened to clips on amazon and now I really want this...

thanks for all of your suggestions guys...can't wait to track this stuff down

EDIT: Just bought Symphony For The Nomad (on CD..) and Preordered the New Music Tapes Album Mary's Voice

For the Lp, by comparison to some stuff, it's not THAT pricy. I paid about $30 for it. But it's actually finding someone who wants to sell it that is the problem.

Then there's the "2nd Imaginary Symphony for Cloudmaking" album. Basically, Julian distributed CD-Rs with unique artwork for each one. I tried getting one from someone who said he was Julian's neighbor a while back, but he ended up wanting about $400 for it. That shit's crazy.

I have a copy of Purim's Shadows on a red CD-R with unique artwork by Julian from the Jeff Mangum and Music Tapes show in Philly. He had 4 or 5 variations of the artwork for them and they sold out quickly.

On a side note - if the Music Tapes are phenomenal live. It's like watching a play with all their handmade contraptions / props. And Jeff Mangum needs no description.

I have a copy of Purim's Shadows on a red CD-R with unique artwork by Julian from the Jeff Mangum and Music Tapes show in Philly. He had 4 or 5 variations of the artwork for them and they sold out quickly.

On a side note - if the Music Tapes are phenomenal live. It's like watching a play with all their handmade contraptions / props. And Jeff Mangum needs no description.

God DAMNIT. I knew I'd miss out on something by missing the Jeff Mangum shows...

EDIT: Nevermind, I got this when I saw The Music Tapes open for Olivia Tremor Control. Had it tucked away.

Mine is a red label cd-r with no text, and a cut out of a person with a music staff floating out of the top of their open head with the info on the back. Just had it tucked away 'cause I'm afraid something will happen to the little cut out dude.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got this when I saw The Music Tapes open for Olivia Tremor Control. Had it tucked away.

Mine is a red label cd-r with no text, and a cut out of a person with a music staff floating out of the top of their open head with the info on the back. Just had it tucked away 'cause I'm afraid something will happen to the little cut out dude.

My CD has an elephant on it with the name of the EP misspelled and it is acknowledged on the drawing that is misspelled. Haha

Jeff magnum played a one night only show in LA this year and there were pretty much tears on my face the whole time, It seriously was the most beautiful fucking thing to see him play music live. He seems to be the J.D. Salinger of Indie Music.

It really is one of the most beautiful things to experience. He filled all three floors in an old Irvine Auditorium at UPenn. The acoustics in there were perfect and everyone there was crying.

Check out A Hawk And A Hacksaw.

Can't go wrong with any of the E6 bands. Getting an E6 collection together myself on vinyl. The popup Lp and 7"s from The Music Tapes are cool. Also check out The Singing Saw at christmastime by julian koster - best weirdest christmas album ever!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the new music tapes album Mary's Voice in the mail today. Listened to it twice, and I fucking love it

I got the First Imaginary Symphony for a Nomad CD (not the LP yet...but I am looking) and I listened to it once...I feel like it will be getting multiple listens in the very near future