Boys Night Out - S/T

This is the album that killed the band for me. A giant middle finger to the fans that helped get them to where they were.

Wow, entitled much? It's not like they made a nu-metal record or something. This album's recorded weirdly (you can't hear the crash cymbals at all, and frankly their drummer on this record wasn't good--but coming off Brian Southall, that's bound to happen). I think this song is one of the best they ever wrote, though:

Jimmy, last time I checked, you can still get Broken Bones at Interpunk.

I'm glad I'm not the only one disagreeing for once. :P I love their whole discography as well. Even though bands I love have made albums I hate, there are very few I'd say are "middle fingers" to their fans.

I didnt want them to make the same album over and over, and they never did come close to doing that as every album is different but still had the same sound at the core, this album abandoned their sound completely.

Scott saying I am entitled is funny as he is probably the most entitled person on here.

So, they changed a little bit. Fuck 'em, guys. Their shit sucks. We're all closed-minded and can't stand when a band changes their sound. Did you ever think that the album didn't sell as well because of the scene it's self changing? When it came out, people were buying CDs less and less and the music that was popular was changing. Or because every band ever has lost a lot of album sales due to music piracy becoming easier and easier as time goes on? I like their old sound, but I also like their S/T. So one song on the album is a little different, and they stopped screaming. Shit, I can't listen to them anymore.

I've never heard of a band saying FUCK YOU to the fans by recording an album they didn't like. That's just silly.

Broken Bones is still available at various distros. As I mentioned before, there are approximately 275 or so copies left on black vinyl with no covers. Will make covers for these at some point soon and do something or another with them. The Interpunk copies, if they have em still, are standard weight black vinyl copies with the original cover. There are like 30 of these total, though once the final copies come out you could just make your own pretty easily so I don't think that really counts as a variant.

I seriously had like 10 copies of the album left for the last 2 years for $8 INCLUDING postage on my website. Y'all be sleepin'

Haha, if I had pressed it, it would have been $12-13 ppd.

$17 for a single LP that for all intents and purposes everybody who buys already HAS a CD copy of? Talk about entitlement. Nothing sillier than seeing single LPs for $20-25 next to double and triple LPs for the same price.

Interpunk was out, and I can't find Broken Bones anywhere. Wish I'd been collecting longer. Gah.

http://www.torjohnsonrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=627

http://www.invinylwetrust.com/Boys_Night_Out_broken_bones_and_bloody_kisses_LP_p/far023.htm

Both Paul (Tor Johnson) and Brian (In Vinyl We Trust) are awesome dudes who run awesome distros that have tons of other awesome stuff you should ALSO check out. Both have copies of the BNO Broken Bones LP for under $9.

No prob! There will be more copies soon enough on standard weight black vinyl. Like I said, I have 250-275 or so that the plant screwed up and pressed by mistake (they were supposed to do 180g). Probably do something a little different for the covers. Maybe switch up the color of the paper or ink or something. MIX IT UP.

So oddly enough, my copy came feeling pretty light. Did any of the standard weight copies get out there? Just curious. Still very happy to finally own this, sounds great and TJR shipped lightning fast. Now if S/T could really get pressed, we'd have a complete discography. One can hope.

But yo, does anyone have the re-recorded version of Where We Breathe they could hook me up with? Looked all over for a working link with no luck. Somehow never even knew this existed until now.

Hmm, it's possible that TJR got one of the handful of standard weight copies that did get out. I really don't remember at this point.

What do you mean re-recorded version? They re-recorded a few songs for a digital-only EP before that last full length came out. Can't remember if that was on it.

Apparently the first pressing of CDs for Make Yourself Sick had a re-recorded version of Where We Breathe as a bonus track, I'd assume from the recording sessions of that album. A member (therizzle, all credit to him for digging it up) messaged me with a link for it. Not sure if it'd be cool to post it here, but if anyone wants it I'd be more than happy to pass it along.

Ohhhhhh yeah, I remember that now. I remember listening to that record on tour with Fordirelifesake right after they recorded it and it wasn't even mastered yet. I remember that version being kind of annoying, actually. I really prefer the original version of Anatomy Of the Journey too

Doubt anyone here would care if you posted it.