PO Maserati VII - 2 LP

archiced

Saw this on Facebook a couple hours after they announced it and ordered one instantly. With on 200 colored vinyl being pressed, I hope I got in on time.

"THE FIRST 200 VINYL ORDERS WILL RECEIVE LIMITED-EDITION COLORED VINYL: SIDE A/B CLEAR w/ GRAY HAZE, SIDE C/D CLEAR w/ MAROON HAZE"

TRL colored vinyl never sells out that fast. Besides the new Mono.

That's what has me a little nervous. That Mono went so fast and they only did 200 of the Maserati. In reality, I'm ok with whatever I get as long as there is new Maserati in the grooves, but I have yet to miss out on a color copy from TRL so I AM expecting to get one.

That's what has me a little nervous. That Mono went so fast and they only did 200 of the Maserati. In reality, I'm ok with whatever I get as long as there is new Maserati in the grooves, but I have yet to miss out on a color copy from TRL so I AM expecting to get one.

I'm sure the color will be ugly and after all, it is GZ vinyl. So in the end I'd be content to just own it.

As far as I know, TRR hasn't worked with GZ for a while, their latest pressinges were manufactured somewhere else I think. I have worked with GZ twice a long time ago. I thought the their pressings aren't very good, always very late and they are a very unreliable. My impression is that a lot of labels have made the same experience and are working with other pressings plants again by now, like Deathwish, Relapse and many others....

• 2 weeks later...

That looks freaking amazing and now I wish I had it. Are the songs varying from the Pyramid style or are they mostly similar to that?

Actually i'm not going to lie I think it was either track 2 or 3 that sounded very similar to a song off pyramid but a and I was disappointed. I liked pyramid but it felt like most of the songs were just a remix of each other. i've only listened to a/b but they seem to have a much better contrast in sound and are venturing out more with out compromising that maserati sound. There are definitely hints of pre pyramid material and the new drummer obviously takes influence from jerry fuchs style here & there but it complimented their music so well. so far i'm digging it more than pyramid