PO: Anberlin "Vital"

mmhmm

Whew, I just saw my order status change to shipped. Looks like I just made it. For those still looking, i THINK Anberlin's merch store still has them in stock. I'd definitely email them to be sure though... don't want to mislead anyone. Pretty surprising to see this sell out so fast when you can easily get their last LP. Maybe this 2x10" was /1000 or something super limited?

Finally listening to the album a few times through and it's definitely a lot different than DITWLIAP. Anberlin is probably my favorite band so I really enjoy all of their releases but why exactly is this getting such a positive response from people that aren't as big into them as much as I am? I can see the comparison to Cities because it's more aggressive and they returned to using more synth and other effects in their songs.

Finally listening to the album a few times through and it's definitely a lot different than DITWLIAP. Anberlin is probably my favorite band so I really enjoy all of their releases but why exactly is this getting such a positive response from people that aren't as big into them as much as I am? I can see the comparison to Cities because it's more aggressive and they returned to using more synth and other effects in their songs.

To be fair Cities had songs that utilized synth though this new album utilizes them better. I agree on the fact it is more aggressive. I think overall it draws from NTFP and Cities and progresses onward from the likes of those two albums. I think why it is getting such positive response, other than the fact it is a really good album, is that those 2 albums are regarded by most fans of the band as Anberlin's best work. Some fans were also let down by just how different their last album was. To see such a return to form album with new elements and everything sounding good really adds to listening pleasure. Old fans, new fans, and listeners who stumble upon Vital will most likely appreciate how well the synth and rock mesh and how well the album sounds as a whole.

Also curious about the packaging, how are these housed?

Here ya go. "Vital" is pushed out slightly from the rest of the cover, it looks fantastic. Side D (back of second 10") is completely blank vinyl, the album ends on Side C. Side D's label is different from the rest (as shown in the pictures here.)

Pardon the slight blurriness, I have shaky hands.

vital1.jpg

vital6.jpg

vital3.jpg

vital2.jpg

vital4.jpg

vital5.jpg

Caved and purchased the double 10" since it seems to be very limited and gonna test it's sound in comparison to any 12" pressings. Will probably trade or sell the one I like the least. Probably shouldn't of waited cause it cost me 10 dollars more in the long run to order it from their webstore but the 2 big reasonings behind doing it.

1) It will be neat to own the album on both double 10" and 12"

2) Vital is such a good album. Really packs that old school Anberlin punch.

In stock at Best Buy -

http://www.bestbuy.c...&skuid=20717205

And free shipping.

Just for you Alex. Since you love Best Buy.

...damn I just ordered it from their webstore and paid 28... I guess I could cancel the order but at this point I am not gonna bother. Its 10 dollars and it was priority shipping (cheapest they had) so at least it will arrive soon.