Red Bull Stratos

He topped out at just under 834mph. That is fucking crazy. There were cameras on his body that stored footage rather than transmitting it - the BBC are using it for a documentary that they've been making on this thing. I thought it was incredible, i don't know how much of this "research" line they're towing i believe, though, although NASA are apparently keen on being informed of the results, if they thought this sort of research was invaluable, wouldn't they be doing it on their own rather than skimming the results off a stunt put together by an energy drink?

Either way, that was awesome, i can't wait to see this documentary. Red Bull's marketing in off the fucking scale!

He topped out at just under 834mph. That is fucking crazy. There were cameras on his body that stored footage rather than transmitting it - the BBC are using it for a documentary that they've been making on this thing. I thought it was incredible, i don't know how much of this "research" line they're towing i believe, though, although NASA are apparently keen on being informed of the results, if they thought this sort of research was invaluable, wouldn't they be doing it on their own rather than skimming the results off a stunt put together by an energy drink?

Either way, that was awesome, i can't wait to see this documentary. Red Bull's marketing in off the fucking scale!

NASA doesnt have the greatest trackrecord when it comes to spending money, im sure doing this was not high up on their budgetary list of things to do. If they're able to piggy back off a corporate sponsored stunt, and save a couple million dollars in the process, all the better. my understanding is they wanted to be able to get info from this incase they have shuttles in the future where man has to eject back to earth.

NASA doesnt have the greatest trackrecord when it comes to spending money, im sure doing this was not high up on their budgetary list of things to do. If they're able to piggy back off a corporate sponsored stunt, and save a couple million dollars in the process, all the better. my understanding is they wanted to be able to get info from this incase they have shuttles in the future where man has to eject back to earth.

All that plus how do you think people would react if this was all paid for with tax payer dollars, cause I don't think that'd go over well. In this case they get all the data and stuff and didn't have to spend a dime of tax payer money, it's a win win for them.