Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

How common is it to have someone sell something via ebay then later refund you the money claiming the item is damaged? I got a deal on a 7" I was looking for and suspect it is bullshit. The seller advertised the sales on this site. Feels like a scam.

Not too common, but some people will do that if the auction doesn't go as high as they hoped. It's a shitty move.

• 3 weeks later...
How common is it to have someone sell something via ebay then later refund you the money claiming the item is damaged? I got a deal on a 7" I was looking for and suspect it is bullshit. The seller advertised the sales on this site. Feels like a scam.

Not too common, but some people will do that if the auction doesn't go as high as they hoped. It's a shitty move.

It sucks...I won a copy of Blacklisted's Heavier Than Heaven Lonlier Than God LP (clear with blue haze I believe) for 10 bucks plus shipping...paid immediately, and got my money refunded the next day....super bummed

Rick Angley

vc: timechaser27

ebay: rxa27

I'm sorry I defended him a few months ago. He was holding my money hostage.

I won an ebay auction on Sept 10 and sent him $115. He immediately said, "I want to buy this back from you if you don't want it."

3 weeks went by and the records never came. Not going to go into a long story, but he said he was sick, I felt bad for him, gave him time and bought more stuff. Twice he claimed that friends were supposed to send my stuff out, but didn't and one disappeared with my order. I became suspicious and made that huge thread on here. It was too late to file a claim for my original $115 order, but I filed one for the other order. He sent it after that, but only half and a bunch of stuff I didn't order and asked him not to send.

I believed his story and I tried to make things right here. I foolishly sent him more money. He was about to send my stuff, but then claimed his brother died and needed time off. Oh, I forgot to mention all times he threatened to sue me for slander. I realized he's a compulsive liar. I filed 3 paypal claims against him and was refunded for recent transactions. But he never refunded my initial Sept 10 order of $115 as he said he would. Now he refuses to admit this transaction has occurred. Unfortunately, it's deleted from eBay. But it was saved on popsike and my paypal account.

I demanded my money back today, over 4 months later. He threatened to sue us all. I said send my money or I post your emails. So here it is. Rick Angley in all his glory:

(I would like to mention that I am not a member of the PPMB board and have never posted there. Those are other people who have bad dealings with this guy)

I will file a class action lawsuit against you and your friends who have caused damages to my business and mental distress. You got your money from paypal, and I sent you a package now you claim I owe you $115.? You post my full name ebay name and you and your little make believe internet friends on the PPMB talk crap about my personal life and anything you can find against me. On the VinylCollective board you even said you had said that you received, but you deleted all of the evidence so nobody can see. If I supoened VC we can get the original postings and how you received the item. My record on Ebay is great they're not going to throw me off b/c of a liar like you. You have hit a new low you're like a little kid Michael, "uhm Do this or I'll tell....I'll get you thrown off" This is called harrasment. You got your maoney and records, You make a problem on ebay there will be a lawsuit guaranteed, and if you don't come back to the US for the hearings I win automatically, so think of that while you're causing more damages to me. I'm done.

- rxa27

Here's the whole conversation. Note how many times he insults me and how many times I insulted him.

His ebay feedback is pretty good. But there are other threads online by people with the same problem I have had. Not to mention some other interesting stuff you'll get by googling Rick Angley.

-Michael Goodman 1/25/2011

From User:

rxa27 (939)

99.5% Positive Feedback

Member since Jul-25-08 in United States

Activity with rxa27 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from rxa27

Activity with rxa27 (last 90 days): rxa27 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear mirrortuna,

You are nuts, no wonder why your g/f left you. You have the brain of a child w/ deadlines and threats. I sent you the record plus extras you posted it on VC but you conviently deleted your posts. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO POST WHAT I SAY ON ANY PUBLIC FORUM, I DO NOT GRANT YOU PERMISSION NOR HAVE I EVER GRANTED YOU PERMISSION TO POST ANY THING I HAD SAID IN A PRIVATE EMAIL. I BET YOU CONVIENTLY LEAVE THAT PART OUT TOO WHEN POSTING.You are a liar I don't know what happened when you were younger, but it's ok now Michael, it's not your fault. You can be an adult now and stop posting publicly a private matter as you are causing damages to my credibility as a seller, an invasion of privacy and I don't think this is a public matter since you have received your stuff already and i granted you the refunds for the other items, it's over. Grow The Fuck Up

- rxa27

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: rxa27

Subject: Re: mirrortuna has sent a message

Sent Date: Jan-24-11 07:59:23 PST

Dear rxa27,

I've refrained from posting giving you a chance to return the $115 you scammed from me. Are you going to do it? If not, I'm posting this entire conversation.

Choice is yours. I changed the deadline. You have 30 minutes.

- mirrortuna

To: mirrortuna

Sent Date: Jan-24-11 07:18:31 PST

Dear mirrortuna,

hey whats the link to the shit your posting I'd really like to see what the primates are saying.. Since ive been buying from them, and they've been buying from me.

- rxa27

Sent Date: Jan-24-11 07:05:33 PST

Dear rxa27,

I'm on to your scam, Rick. You sold me a record you didn't want to sell. You made up a bunch of stories. You only sent shit that paypal made you send. You didn't even send the correct order and sent things I asked you not to send. You only refunded me when paypal made you. You still haven't refunded me the $115 I initially sent you. If you don't, I'm taking you down.

Refund it or this hilarious email you sent me gets posted everywhere.

And no more lies.

Below is the money you "stole" from me.

Total Amount:

-$115.00 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

-$115.00 USD (equals -¥9,680 JPY)

Date:

2010 Sep 10

Time:

19:36:09 JST

Completed

Conversion from:

-¥8,620 JPY

Conversion to:

$99.94 USD

Exchange rate:

1 Japanese Yen = 0.0115939 U.S. Dollars

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal

260662510026 Screeching Weasel Boogadax3 1988 UK Version riverdales 1 $100.00 USD $100.00 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS First Class Mail International

(includes any seller handling fees): $15.00 USD

Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $115.00 USD

Shipping Address:

Goodman Michael

Payment To:

Rick Angley (The recipient of this payment is Unverified)

Seller's ID:

rxa27

Seller's Email:

[email protected]

Funding Type:

PayPal Funds and Credit Card

Funding Source:

$15.06 USD - PayPal Account

¥8,620 JPY - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RECORDFIEND".

Tracking Number:

CQ343616699US Help

Carrier:

USPS

Order Status:

In Process (2010 Oct 4)

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount

2010 Sep 10 Payment To Rick Angley Completed ... -$115.00 USD

Related Transactions

Date Type Status Details Amount

2010 Sep 10 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details ¥8,620 JPY

2010 Sep 10 Currency Conversion Completed Details -

- mirrortuna

To: mirrortuna

Sent Date: Jan-24-11 06:58:49 PST

Dear mirrortuna,

I will file a class action lawsuit against you and your friends who have caused damages to my business and mental distress. You got your money from paypal, and I sent you a package now you claim I owe you $115.? You post my full name ebay name and you and your little make believe internet friends on the PPMB talk crap about my personal life and anything you can find against me. On the VinylCollective board you even said you had said that you received, but you deleted all of the evidence so nobody can see. If I supoened VC we can get the original postings and how you received the item. My record on Ebay is great they're not going to throw me off b/c of a liar like you. You have hit a new low you're like a little kid Michael, "uhm Do this or I'll tell....I'll get you thrown off" This is called harrasment. You got your maoney and records, You make a problem on ebay there will be a lawsuit guaranteed, and if you don't come back to the US for the hearings I win automatically, so think of that while you're causing more damages to me. I'm done.

- rxa27

Subject: mirrortuna has sent a message

Sent Date: Jan-23-11 23:52:22 PST

Dear rxa27,

This is a warning to refund my $115 WHICH YOU STOLE ASAP.

If you don't, I will get you removed from ebay. Not a bluff.

- mirrortuna

Just to clarify, Rick Angley owes me $115 for an eBay transaction from Sept 10 that he never sent. The items he did send were from my second order. I have an email where he says he won't send it. Maybe I'll dig it up later. Mow he's pretending the transaction never happened. I'll call paypal this weekend.

i had a bad dealing with RXA27 through ebay but thankfully got my money back. What sucks is that RXA27 is selling something on ebay i really wanted (TBR - Total LP) for a decent price but im too scared to try and buy it from him. oh well.

I also finally got fully paid off by Musicinviens (will) after about 7 months

There is one other person i have been dealing with that is about to get tossed up on this list shortly.

Seems like there are more and more shitty people out there scamming people. Makes me not want to trade or buy from any of the newer folks.

Fuck - have people had bad experiences with RXA27 as a buyer as well? He's the current high bidder on one of my eBay auctions.

I've had bad experience with a Brent Angley that had the same paypal address as Rick Angley. They claim to be brother.

He canceled one bid and won two of my auctions that Rick was interested in. He then paid for only one, but didn't pay shipping. I sent an invoice and a week went by without a response. Then he asked me a shipping question and I didn't get back in time and he freaked out with a threatening email saying that he would file a claim if I didn't refund him.

His eBay account has been canceled.

RXA27 was the high bidder on a few of my auctions as well. Have had trouble getting money out of him in the past, but he always paid. Also would bid and then cancel it, I think to find out what the other bidder was at. Blocked him from bidding on anything of mine again. Would recommend you all do the same. i'm sure he'll be back, ebay invoices were just due and I'm sure he just didn't pay his bill. When he pays up, he'll be back in business.

maybe he's just crazy

Dear mirrortuna,

I never stole $155 from you!!! You're a fucking bad joke. You told everybody on the VC board that you received it b/c I had sent it w/ extra LP's for your compensation of it being late. But you deleted all of your posts from the original thread. You're a liar, theres only one thing you can do w/ a liar and that's to make them lie. You're unhappy b/c I have a copy as well and Im working on getting a second copy. So did you win that test press that was up for auction?

- rxa27

He did send me some records, but I never sent the $115 order. I must sound like a broken record, but the package only contained half the order I ordered from him and 3 records I did not order and 2 I requested that he did not send because I had them (he said he'll throw in bonus shit because I was cool to him. He gave me a list and I said, no thanks, have those)

At the very least, the guy is completely unorganized.

Dudes a junkie, and seemingly proud of it. I can't believe that anyone would take up for that dude. He's a fairly infamous flake. He changes his E bay name, every several months, some of his feedback is extremely suspect, not to mention the dudes past, where he was involved with the death of one girl, and almost the death of someone else.

Never trust a junkie.

Class action my ass! Fucking Baffoon

I'm just amused by this.

You're a liar, theres only one thing you can do w/ a liar and that's to make them lie.

What does this mean?

You're unhappy b/c I have a copy as well and Im working on getting a second copy. So did you win that test press that was up for auction?

He's referring the Boogada I paid for, but was never sent. He got an extra copy. He had sent me an email saying "I have two copies now."

And to answer your question, Rick, no, I don't buy tests.

Man, being stolen from really pisses me off.

RXA27 was the high bidder on a few of my auctions as well. Have had trouble getting money out of him in the past, but he always paid. Also would bid and then cancel it, I think to find out what the other bidder was at. Blocked him from bidding on anything of mine again. Would recommend you all do the same. i'm sure he'll be back, ebay invoices were just due and I'm sure he just didn't pay his bill. When he pays up, he'll be back in business.

his account has been deleted before. he won 3 records from me and when i filed the nonpaying bidder case the account was deleted - then it came back. not sure what the deal is with that. i'm sure he'll be back. I also believe that disneybrent and gimme_my_drugs are him. Wish ebay would make buyers use a legit phone number to sign up or something.

How do you block a specific buyer?

his account has been deleted before. he won 3 records from me and when i filed the nonpaying bidder case the account was deleted - then it came back. not sure what the deal is with that. i'm sure he'll be back. I also believe that disneybrent and gimme_my_drugs are him. Wish ebay would make buyers use a legit phone number to sign up or something.

How do you block a specific buyer?

Just type in "block bidder" in the help/search function. It will take you to a form to just add the ebay user name.

• 2 weeks later...
don't buy from eBay user: joopajoop

shipped the record in a cut and folded priority mail box wrapped in duct tape. contacted him to give him the benefit of the doubt, said he doesn't care about neutral/neg feedback and the buyer should request an LP mailer.

Did the record arrive safely?

if so who cares what it is mailed in. i have had to create mailers before and have had no complaints.

don't buy from eBay user: joopajoop

shipped the record in a cut and folded priority mail box wrapped in duct tape. contacted him to give him the benefit of the doubt, said he doesn't care about neutral/neg feedback and the buyer should request an LP mailer.

Did the record arrive safely?

if so who cares what it is mailed in. i have had to create mailers before and have had no complaints.

Are you serious? It does matter what records are being shipped in and there is nothing else I hate more about obtaining records than to have the seller/trader put so little effort into shipping it. I'm sure many collectors will attest to that. It's a golden principle and mailing them in an LP mailer or anything very similar lets the buyer/trader know that you care about it arriving safely. It's convenient for both parties. I'm assuming you are talking about making mailers with two pieces of spare cardboard. Personally, I seriously fucking hate that. Most of the time it flattens the spine of the jacket and in some cases even causes warping (especially during the summer). And cutting through the tape on the side of the makeshift mailer risks cutting into the record. Hell I've even cut my hand trying to get through shitty packaging on my records! Little things matter and LP mailers are not that hard to to get if you don't have any lying around.

Do not trust rxa27. He is a junkie, and a murderer of a 17 year old girl. If he gives you some bullcrap story about how he's in the hospital don't believe it. If he tells you his father just died, don't believe it. His father died over 10 years ago. DisneyBrent is his brother, but I'm sure that's really him buying records with his brother's account.