Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

"bambam" suckered me, too.

I probably should have checked here before doing business with him.

He contacted me via deadformat with a couple of records from my wantlist. I agreed to do a trade. He insisted that I send him a picture of the 7" that he was getting from me. He didn't believe I had it and it hadn't been shipped from the label yet. I sent him a pic and he was cool with it. I sent it with confirmation/tracking (per his request). It arrived to him 3 days later. Never got my record from him and he never replied to any of my messages.

I'm only out a 7", but it's the principle that pisses me off.

>:(

just letting you folks know that the user 'bambam' and i set up a trade. the deal was- i send my record first with delivery confirmation, then he sends his once i give him the delivery confirmation number. i held up to my part of the deal and he hasn't responded since then. it has been 1 week. i gave him a warning on i believe tuesday that i would post this if he did not respond. before i shipped my record, he would respond everyday, now he is MIA.

just to clarify:

if the user bambam asks to trade, don't do it.

and never ship anything to the address:

John Franklin

65 Captains Dr.

Brick, NJ 08723

liar & a thief

• 1 month later...

This post is about Stevie Beam ([email protected] // ebay name: thingsfallapart)

I won an ebay auction for a Paint It Black - New Lexicon Test Press the other day, and after the auction ended he told me that he meant to set a reserve, and that he didn't want to sell it for the winning bid of $50. He offered to sell it to me for a higher price after I had already won the auction, which I assume was $150, which he claimed to pay for it. He canceled the auction, refunded my payment, and told me he didn't care about good business ethic or his responsibilities as an ebay seller.

I think this is bullshit.

This post is about Stevie Beam ([email protected] // ebay name: thingsfallapart)

I won an ebay auction for a Paint It Black - New Lexicon Test Press the other day, and after the auction ended he told me that he meant to set a reserve, and that he didn't want to sell it for the winning bid of $50. He offered to sell it to me for a higher price after I had already won the auction, which I assume was $150, which he claimed to pay for it. He canceled the auction, refunded my payment, and told me he didn't care about good business ethic or his responsibilities as an ebay seller.

I think this is bullshit.

that is shady as fuck but that what so many idiots on ebay dont get if you dont want to sell something for .99 or whatever your initial price is dont set it at that . yes i know ebay fees suck but thats life . if you set a rare lp at 9.99 and it sales for 13.99 or whatever , despite it being worth 50 or whatever i expect to get it when i pay that , as should you . i hope you give that douche bag all negative feedback . what a peice of work that guy is ...

• 2 weeks later...
well SOUNDPROOF said they had a toypaj from blink in mint condition so i paid a pretty penny for it . I get it and the cover is far from mint and isnt totally messed up but enough that i wouldnt of paid as much as i did and i contact her and she says she didnt realize it which is crap as it didnt happen in shipping as it was packaged wonderfully . What happens the next day? she cancels her account on this site LMAO.

( let me say that i didnt want to post this as even though it couldnt be overlooked she was a pretty nice person i thought but her ditching the site all of sudden after this happening stinks too much like making $ and running . )

that person was trying to buy a NOFX 7" off me for $45 and i didn't trust them. kinda glad now that i see they've deleted. didn't want to be out of the record and get a paypal claim against me. :-[

soundproof was actually a legit buyer. Didn't seem to grasp the english language the best, though, I can see why you didn't trust him. But he ponied up a lot of cash for some records he wanted from me and was happy with them. Too bad to hear he was a shitty seller. He wanted a lot of descriptions and pics before he would buy so I'm quite sure he knew what he was selling.

Don't ever, ever buy anything from Eyeball Records.

I ordered IWrestledABearOnce's It's All Happening on colored vinyl and paid it on november 11th. All I've got what my receipt from PayPal. No confirmation number, no receipt from Eyeball at all.

I've tried to e-mail them on their «Contact Us» section of their website and haven't got a reply. So on november 27th, I tried to contact them via another e-mail adress. No reply.

Since I wasn't receiving anything, I did a Dispute on PayPal on december 3rd, and FINALLY, on december 4th (three weeks after my order), they told me (via PayPal dispute board) that this item was backordered and that they would have a couple more during the next week. I asked them, still on december 4th, if it was going to be colored or not.

I'm waiting for a reply since then.

Do yourself a favor, and shop somewhere else!

VC board member - Bluuu (username: blupenguin)

Dude offered a 360 for 100 bucks on the board, went for it, dragged it out, never sent it, claimed he dropped it, then claimed he was going to pay me a few times. Never did.

DO NOT TRUST HIM!

This doesn't make sense.

Is this what happened?

He was selling a 360 for $100 here.

You paid for it.

He took forever.

He never sent it.

When you asked what was up he said he dropped it so it no longer worked.

He said he was going to refund your money, but he never did.

Is this right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pretty bummed that "Darkness Comes Alive" asked me to hold 5 records for him from my for sale thread. I did. He hit me back saying he wanted to add 3 more record to the order. cool. He told me he couldn't pay until after xmas (after waiting a week or two), cool, I said I'd wait. contacted him after xmas, said he couldn't pay for any of them, and "sorry".

I understand not being able to pay and all, it's happened to me, but then to continue posting on the board that you're buying other stuff, I don't know, it bums me out. I definitely won't be holding records for anyone anymore.

I'm not out any money or records so maybe my complaint isn't valid, but I pulled the records, set them aside, and was patiently waiting for payment for close to a month. oh well.

I understand not being able to pay and all, it's happened to me, but then to continue posting on the board that you're buying other stuff, I don't know, it bums me out.

this is soooo fucking lame. it's happened to me a few times actually, and i'm just like "does your word mean nothing to you?" apparently not. i only hold records for the people i really trust (which is a VERY short list).

• 3 weeks later...

That sucks that people have flaked on you guys after you held stuff for them! I've had people hold stuff for me several times recently and even when I really shouldn't have spent money when I got paid, I still did to keep my word because they were nice enough to hold stuff for me. So lame of anyone to do otherwise without notice.

That sucks that people have flaked on you guys after you held stuff for them! I've had people hold stuff for me several times recently and even when I really shouldn't have spent money when I got paid, I still did to keep my word because they were nice enough to hold stuff for me. So lame of anyone to do otherwise without notice.

it's really frustrating to see them talk about buying so many records in all these threads, when they couldn't pull the trigger on a bunch of records I had sitting aside for them. just saw it again. don't tell me you can't spend money anymore then say you bough 3 copies of the same record in a different thread.