Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

I bought a record off of tspgatmog a month ago and I have still yet to receive it. Here's the fun part: he won't reply to my messages or e-mails. I'm still kind of new to VC (about a month and a half in), so any recommendations on what I should do?

attempt to search his email, if it available.Contact him there, I know some people dont sign on for a while and might not check their stuff here, just try that, if that doesnt work then go through paypal.

I bought a record off of tspgatmog a month ago and I have still yet to receive it. Here's the fun part: he won't reply to my messages or e-mails. I'm still kind of new to VC (about a month and a half in), so any recommendations on what I should do?

i bought a record from him and it came through OK. check your outbox to see if he has read your emails.

• 1 month later...
So, can someone explain how the paypal dispute thing works? The description on the paypal site just says you open the dispute and negotiate with the seller to resolve it. What initiative does the seller have to give the money back?

you can escalate a claim if you and the seller are unable to come to a resolution. paypal then reviews it. in most instances, they will almost always side with the buyer unless the seller has proof of delivery to your zip code.

• 3 weeks later...

Googlemyass is a terrible seller - after asking him after around 3 weeks where the record was he said it was in the mail but he didn't have a tracking number - i waited another week or so, so i filed a paypal claim and he messages me giving me shit for filing a claim - another week goes by so I escalate the claim. Then today - August 17th, 1 month and a week after I paid - I get the record. The date of the shipment is the EXACT date I filed the original paypal claim.

So he lied about sending it - and not until me filing a claim (over a month after paying) did he actually send it, yet at the same time made it look like I was an ass for filing a claim. So this is proof that filing a claim will get an asshole to send something!

Here are some of his PM replys (keep in mind - I was at no point rude at all, didn't have a record I paid for and had no explanation of where it was, no tracking number, etc):

July 28th: "yeah this has been shipped out, expect it soon! " (shipping sticker says august 10th 2009)

August 6th: "off hand, no i dont. i am out of town recording. the best i can say is it will get there when it gets there. it has been sent out. "

August 10th: "is there a reason you started a dispute with me? i dont want to have to get ugly. "

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lacesout

just letting you folks know that the user 'bambam' and i set up a trade. the deal was- i send my record first with delivery confirmation, then he sends his once i give him the delivery confirmation number. i held up to my part of the deal and he hasn't responded since then. it has been 1 week. i gave him a warning on i believe tuesday that i would post this if he did not respond. before i shipped my record, he would respond everyday, now he is MIA.

just to clarify:

if the user bambam asks to trade, don't do it.

and never ship anything to the address:

John Franklin

65 Captains Dr.

Brick, NJ 08723

liar & a thief

it looks like your thread was deleted. Hopefully the record shows and a week with no communication is pretty lame but again it has only been a week. I hope that everything works out. While BAMBAM may be unbearable on the board hopefully there is some sense of decency in him and you'll receive your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

bonus traded me a bunch of stuff for a rise and fall test press and never sent it.

stopped responding to emails.

said his ex girlfriend had it. said some stuff had gone down in his life, i sympathized.

stopped responding to emails entirely.

i think it'll have been two years in february.

has anyone else had trouble with this dude, ever?

• 2 weeks later...
Bam Bam is gone.

well that is a blessing for everyone but lacesout. Sorry you got stiffed dude.

I think it was a month ago, a `bambam` pm`d me on deadformat about selling me sink or swim on black (I didn`t post that i wanted it, even tho i do) but just ignored it.

From bambam Sunday, August 23, 2009 @ 10:37 pm

i have sink or swim on black from the first press im looking to trade. are you interested/

bonus traded me a bunch of stuff for a rise and fall test press and never sent it.

stopped responding to emails.

said his ex girlfriend had it. said some stuff had gone down in his life, i sympathized.

stopped responding to emails entirely.

i think it'll have been two years in february.

has anyone else had trouble with this dude, ever?

gash. forgot all about this. just looked and got it here right now, pm me ur address and ill send it 2moro morning. sorry dude. happy ending for you

well SOUNDPROOF said they had a toypaj from blink in mint condition so i paid a pretty penny for it . I get it and the cover is far from mint and isnt totally messed up but enough that i wouldnt of paid as much as i did and i contact her and she says she didnt realize it which is crap as it didnt happen in shipping as it was packaged wonderfully . What happens the next day? she cancels her account on this site LMAO.

( let me say that i didnt want to post this as even though it couldnt be overlooked she was a pretty nice person i thought but her ditching the site all of sudden after this happening stinks too much like making $ and running . )

similar thing happened to me on deadformat. i paid for a "mint condition" copy of gregor samsa's 55:12, and when it came it wasn't in bad shape, but definitely not mint. had a scratch on the cover, slightly dented corners, and one of the vinyl sleeves had stains all over it.

guess you can never know until it's in your hands.

well SOUNDPROOF said they had a toypaj from blink in mint condition so i paid a pretty penny for it . I get it and the cover is far from mint and isnt totally messed up but enough that i wouldnt of paid as much as i did and i contact her and she says she didnt realize it which is crap as it didnt happen in shipping as it was packaged wonderfully . What happens the next day? she cancels her account on this site LMAO.

( let me say that i didnt want to post this as even though it couldnt be overlooked she was a pretty nice person i thought but her ditching the site all of sudden after this happening stinks too much like making $ and running . )

that person was trying to buy a NOFX 7" off me for $45 and i didn't trust them. kinda glad now that i see they've deleted. didn't want to be out of the record and get a paypal claim against me. :-[