The Official Mtn Dew Game Fuel Appreciation & Mike T roommate bashing Thread... & Halo 4™

Got it yesterday afternoon, managed to beat legendary campaign before midnight. Pretty good campaign overall, definitely nothing I didn't see coming by the end. Gonna try out the multiplayer today!

youre lucky you put off multiplayer. the servers were a total mess yesterday.

i got to the 3rd stage i think.. when am i done with covenant? ive already fought more of them than i hoped to.

youre lucky you put off multiplayer. the servers were a total mess yesterday.

i got to the 3rd stage i think.. when am i done with covenant? ive already fought more of them than i hoped to.

Never. They're not a big part of the campaign, but they're scattered throughout the levels. The Covenant are the best part, though; I can't stand the new Forerunner dudes, especially on legendary.

So, let's talk about how absolutely abysmal this story is.

Now, I realize we're talking about a video game here, so complaining about a game's plot is akin to pointing out how messy dirt is - but jesus, Halo 4 sets a new level in pointless technobabble, one dimensional characters and plot convinces.

And really, thus far (I'm half way through the campaign) the whole experience is a series of button-presses. Go here, press a button. Okay, now go here, press this button. Rince. Repeat.

Despite the amazing visuals, and fun multiplayer, the story is a HUGE step back from Reach, IMO.

Edit: Okay, I was just informed by my friend I'm on the last mission - there are only 8. So, this is clearly heading for sequel-bait. Barf.

I feel like most of the series stories tend to collapse under their own weight. I have not started the campaign yet though, that is just a stray observation.

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer so far, wish there was more small maps for Team Slayer, I know they are coming but they are going to want me to pay. Assholes.