PO: Punchline - So Nice To Meet You one-sided 12" from Paper + Plastick

We pressed Punchline's So Nice To Meet You EP on vinyl for the first time. It came out in January of 2012 and now it's available on wax.

Comes out November 13. Ships November 12. Comes with automatic digital download of the album. Pictures of the transparent red (/261) and transparent blue (/239) are below.

If you're not familiar with the band, we're offering a 5-song digital sampler called An Introduction To The History of Punchline. Five songs from 5 of the band's most recent releases. You can find the free DL at the link below as well.

http://paperplastick.limitedrun.com/products/505918

Ba73N.jpg

We80j.jpg

I think he's mentioned before it's because it "looks cool." After having some of their releases without them, it seems both cheap and stupid.

I'm not a fan of this at all hahaha for a press of 500, center labels shouldn't really break the bank! To me it looks cheap and ruins the aesthetics of the record as a whole. I still ordered the EP because I really enjoyed it and like PL but I'm not a fan of albums with no center labels.

the rewind ep or major motion picture would be the only thing id buy from this band. i didnt even know they were still around.

They are probably around cause they still like making and playing small shows. No offense but the band does not just make music so that you personally will like. They have plenty of fans of newer material and obviously a very strong fan base for such a small group.

Why don't you guys do center labels? I'm not shit talking, just wondering why.

Some colors look better without them. These are translucent so I think they look really cool. Most of our releases nowadays have center labels. It was sort of a phase we went through. This was a quick release, we didn't make artwork for the center. I don't think they look that bad at all.

It'll ship November 12... 2013.

They're in stock now. I have 500 records near my desk. Please buy one so I don't have to stare at them too long.

I have always wondered that myself. It has always made it hard to distinguish sides.

In this case it's a one-sided 12". If you can't distinguish which side has the music on it..........

correct me if i'm wrong but I believe it's cheaper.

just check the matrix to identify sides or if there is no marking make a small indication on either side with an exacto

Every LP has engraved matrix numbers (or nifty messages), but I agree that it's a bit of a pain when you don't have them. I Exacto knife all P+P releases with "A" or "B" when I take my personal copies home. It was my vote to include center artwork in all releases for next year. Like I said above, this was just a quick one-off and we chose not to make art since it was a translucent record anyway.

I'm not a fan of this at all hahaha for a press of 500, center labels shouldn't really break the bank! To me it looks cheap and ruins the aesthetics of the record as a whole. I still ordered the EP because I really enjoyed it and like PL but I'm not a fan of albums with no center labels.

Definitely not a bank-breaker at all. The extra cost is minimal. I'm sure you guys are familiar with the packaging P+P does haha. We're not sweating over 25-30 cents per unit with the center art.

They are probably around cause they still like making and playing small shows. No offense but the band does not just make music so that you personally will like. They have plenty of fans of newer material and obviously a very strong fan base for such a small group.

i didnt realize that by saying i didnt know they were still around would get this response. i guess i should have tho. you didnt offend me me but it does seem like i did you. i wasnt saying anything negative about them. i honestly didnt know they were still together. the last time i saw them i was forced to and that was maybe 8 years ago. as far as making music just for me to like - no shit. but i appreciate you talking to me like im a child and telling me why bands make music.

anyway, the fact that play is on this got me to order.