Sigur Ros - Petta Er Island

just picked this up locally, i guess its an unofficial release of a 2008 show on 3 discs. i was very surprised to see it on the shelf, having never heard of it or its impending release. Packaging is sparse and vinyl feels light but it sounds great. i think i like it more than inni, but i will revisit that tonight. anyone know anything about it besides what ive mentioned? i have no idea of pressing numbers.

edit: http://www.groovedis.com/shop/Sigur-Ros-PETTA-ER-ISLAND-LIVE-3LP-p-800209.html is the only link i can find on it

just picked this up locally, i guess its an unofficial release of a 2008 show on 3 discs. i was very surprised to see it on the shelf, having never heard of it or its impending release. Packaging is sparse and vinyl feels light but it sounds great. i think i like it more than inni, but i will revisit that tonight. anyone know anything about it besides what ive mentioned? i have no idea of pressing numbers.

edit: http://www.groovedis...P-p-800209.html is the only link i can find on it

I had never seen this before. How much did it run you? I wouldn't mind picking one up if the sound is as good as you say..

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong but, I don't believe inni is a full, in proper order show? I feel like I remember it being pieced together from a show or two?? I may be wrong...

This however is a straight up show, which I like more! Plus IMO clear vinyl doesn't sound as good! (Opps forgot its on black too!) so this one honestly sounds a little better! Unless your one of those people that have a 10,000 system...

I'd get this one! Buy inni has a DVD

• 2 months later...

so, apexrecords.net is definitely a bootleg store, right? is it the best place to get this?

yeah, apex records appears to only distribute boots.  If you are going to buy this, I definitely recommend grabbing it from there.  I recently ordered a copy, and he shipped right away, and it arrived fast.  It was at my door within like 4 or 5 days from ordering.  The record sounds really good too.  I'm not usually into boots, but I'm glad I grabbed this one.

no samples anywhere.  http://victoryrosemusic.blogspot.com/ used to have a link to the soundboard boot that was floating around (presumably the same source), but most of his links have been taken offline.  As I said, I think the quality is quite nice.  Someone said they thought it was better than Inni.  I disagree with that, but it is a very good soundboard recording, and I'm glad I bought it.

I thought I was going to be pretty disappointed when I first started spinning it, as the recording of the crowd sounds like it was audience sourced, but I think they just mixed that at the beginning for effect.  The crowd isn't too noticeable throughout the recording, and the quality improves dramatically once the band starts performing.