PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

Okay, so I got my box from Amazon. A few pics for Amazon-buyers waiting:

The AIR box inside an Amazon box. The boxset is sealed with a letter and replacement LPs in separate sleeves outside the box.

I find it really interesting that the replacements that the user from Germany got came from a plant/record company in Germany and your letter is from City Hall Records in California. 

Also, regarding the glue, it should come off with a little rubbing of your thumb. Mine came off fairly easily that way with no negative effects. I know one user said he needed to use a certain art quality kneaded eraser to get his off though. 

I find it really interesting that the replacements that the user from Germany got came from a plant/record company in Germany and your letter is from City Hall Records in California. 

My mom just sent me a picture message saying that I received a package in the mail, which has to be my replacements... the photo was of the packing label and the return address is:

Furnace Record Pressing

PO Box 3268

Merrifield, VA 22116

Weird y/n?

Just received mine.  Furnace Record Pressing for me as well.  No note like the one pictured from the CA pressings, just the replacements in individual sleeves and then all replacements placed into a bag.  Going to give some a spin now and see how they sound.

Also, Sapst, I may be interested in those sleeves if you end up making them.  I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Got mine today (From Furnace Records) ! The mailer looked so roughed up. Really hoping the vinyl isn't damaged at all. 

Sapst- Are you still thinking about making those sleeves for the screw ups?

Yes, the sleeves are a go. I don't have any kind of set date as to when I think they'll be printed but I'm hoping sooner rather than later. I just started a new quarter at school so that could slow progress down but I absolutely want sleeves for them so these WILL happen. I'm gonna make a thread for them within the next few days because I want some input on what kind of design you guys would favor. This is for all of us (all of us that want them) so I want everybody to have a chance to have their two cents heard regarding how they'll turn out. 

I had to play the original set records to figure out what they were since they were mislabeled. In most of those cases, the LP's were warped somewhat. Didn't affect the playing but I noticed it. All the replacements were warp free but I did notice some surface noise. Might just need a good cleaning as I just quickly brushed them off so I could play. Listened to everything but SAA and Transatlanticism yet.

Got mine today (From Furnace Records) ! The mailer looked so roughed up. Really hoping the vinyl isn't damaged at all. 

Yes, the sleeves are a go. I don't have any kind of set date as to when I think they'll be printed but I'm hoping sooner rather than later. I just started a new quarter at school so that could slow progress down but I absolutely want sleeves for them so these WILL happen. I'm gonna make a thread for them within the next few days because I want some input on what kind of design you guys would favor. This is for all of us (all of us that want them) so I want everybody to have a chance to have their two cents heard regarding how they'll turn out. 

That's cool.  I'm not trying to rush anything by any means. I'm looking forward to it though!

How are the replacements being shipped? 

Hopefully not DHL like the original ones were.

Without a tracking number there's about a 1 in 10 chance of me ever getting them since DHL is so damned bad in my area. 

I'd definitely be interested in getting some new sleeves for the mislabeled ones as well.