PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

yeah that was Amazon. Unfortunately they didn't press this and they have no say in when it comes out. Its also been changed on Amazon every month since like SAPST said. In April it was May 20th and in March it was April 20th, I'm sure soon it will be moved to July 20th. So no, you don't know and no one does for sure since A in R hasn't said anything themselves yet, and theres my answer. Thanks though guys! Also diggin that avatar. Luck of the Fryrish is my faaaavorite Futurama episode ever; really hits home with me and my bro growing up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey VC'ers who bought this: is there anyway to tell Photo Album & We Have The Facts apart from the first pressings? Like is their an AIR logo or year 2013 on the back of the individual sleeves or labels?

No dates or AIR logo's but I'd maybe guess that the original pressings didn't have tip-on outer sleeves. 

Hey VC'ers who bought this: is there anyway to tell Photo Album & We Have The Facts apart from the first pressings? Like is their an AIR logo or year 2013 on the back of the individual sleeves or labels?

comparing mine right now. the first pressings have barcodes on the back, and the boxset copies don't. the first pressing of Facts' cover is a little darker than the new ones. and the spines are laid out a little bit differently 

This is $250 for a 7 LP set? I find this hard to believe.

Before this box set was available (not sure now, haven't looked at pricing/availability since I now own them) The Photo Album and We Have The Facts were going for $100ish a piece whenever you were lucky enough to actually find them up for sale. A few of the albums were never available before this box set, too.

It's definitely not cheap/not for everyone. I had just won my fantasy football league and spent the winnings on this. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have bit and would still be wanting The Photo Album on vinyl.

Before this box set was available (not sure now, haven't looked at pricing/availability since I now own them) The Photo Album and We Have The Facts were going for $100ish a piece whenever you were lucky enough to actually find them up for sale. A few of the albums were never available before this box set, too.

It's definitely not cheap/not for everyone. I had just won my fantasy football league and spent the winnings on this. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have bit and would still be wanting The Photo Album on vinyl.

I understand that, but I feel like it's never okay to use aftermarket prices to justify a new press price. Imagine if Jimmy Eat World repressed futures and charged $150 in their own way store. This board would be reaching for torches.

$37 per LP straight from the source should be frowned upon.

I understand that, but I feel like it's never okay to use aftermarket prices to justify a new press price. Imagine if Jimmy Eat World repressed futures and charged $150 in their own way store. This board would be reaching for torches.

Technically it'd be like JEW charging $37 for Futures since that's the price per LP and that wouldn't be gouging.

I guess. And I guess I would buy it too. But I wouldn't be happy about I and I'd feel as if I was being ripped off by a band I love.

I'm not a big death cab fan, so this release doesn't affect me. I just know if I was a fan I'd be kinda upset.

$225 (PO price) for 7 records that were mostly OOP or never available, in a limited-to-2000 box signed by the band, didn't feel like a rip-off to me. I guess it depends how much you like DCFC.

Of course, I'm talking as someone who got the set (with mislabeled records) before they stopped shipping, so in the back of my mind I kinda know I can sell the double copies down the line and get some of that $$ back...

Of course, I'm talking as someone who got the set (with mislabeled records) before they stopped shipping, so in the back of my mind I kinda know I can sell the double copies down the line and get some of that $$ back...

^^ nailed it.

I agree. I wasn't trying to justify their pricing, just justifying my purchase.

On a side; take a look at this in light of what Third Eye Blind just pulled. $400 for 2 records. This boxset smells like roses after that (but so does everything). That is an example of what I hope doesn't ever happen again in the future.

$225 (PO price) for 7 records that were mostly OOP or never available, in a limited-to-2000 box signed by the band, didn't feel like a rip-off to me. I guess it depends how much you like DCFC.

I really only want transatlanticism. It's the only death cab album I like.

How is it possible to have posted on here over 3,000 times and this is the first time you've encountered tip-on style jackets? That seems impossible to me.

PETE-EYE-CLOCK-GIF.gif

I know it's tough to believe how someone as astute as myself wouldn't know something slightly obscure about records. But stick around, I will probably not know something else another 3K posts from now.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed AinR the other day to ask them if there were any updates. Specifically I asked if new jackets would be sent with the records due to mine having scratches in them where the glued holder sits against the record covers. This was their response: 

Hello,

We just received confirmation that the replacement pieces will be shipping from the manufacturer direct to customers as soon as this week.

I emailed AinR the other day to ask them if there were any updates. Specifically I asked if new jackets would be sent with the records due to mine having scratches in them where the glued holder sits against the record covers. This was their response: 

Hello,

We just received confirmation that the replacement pieces will be shipping from the manufacturer direct to customers as soon as this week.

good news

i didnt exactly have the highest hopes

Hello,

Hopefully AinR will send out an email to everyone including some details on what is being replaced, etc. While that was good news, it was vague good news.