Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell (MoFi)

nyhi

Well, I for one am glad it took them so long to get this out—else I would've probably missed it! Just ordered a copy from SSD. Just this weekend I was listening to the two EPs after having a CD player in the house for the first time in years and enjoyed them even more than I expected to. Really looking forward to the b-sides.

I'm very anxious to hear what people think about the quality of this compared to the original. I never had a chance to buy the original pressing, and there's no way I could shell out $300+ for it on eBay now. But, $65 seems like a bargain! I've been really happy with the quality of the Ashes & Fire and Cardinology pressings I own, so the bar is set high for this one. My copy from Amazon is in the mail!

I'm very anxious to hear what people think about the quality of this compared to the original. I never had a chance to buy the original pressing, and there's no way I could shell out $300+ for it on eBay now. But, $65 seems like a bargain! I've been really happy with the quality of the Ashes & Fire and Cardinology pressings I own, so the bar is set high for this one. My copy from Amazon is in the mail!

Ive got both and the original is shit compared to this. 

According to an interview he did when Ashes & Fire came out, all his albums except Easy Tiger were recorded on 100% analog equipment. So, I'd suspect that given the right treatment, there's no reason for them all not to sound great on vinyl.

I don't have any of his earlier stuff on vinyl, but I've heard those pressings sound pretty bad.

Agreed that this sounds better that the 2x10", but pretty bummed that the solo cut on "Shadowlands" is different... the original solo is one of my favorite parts of the album.

That is, honestly, a colossal disappointment! (Besides the cover of Wonderwall) "Shadowlands" was the first real Ryan Adams song I got into. That solo is incredible. Has anyone posted a recording of the "new" version? 

Agreed that this sounds better that the 2x10", but pretty bummed that the solo cut on "Shadowlands" is different... the original solo is one of my favorite parts of the album.

You basically get an entire EPs worth of bonus tracks on top of the full album.  I personally don't find the omission to be that big a deal but then again, I never really found the original solo to be all that memorable in the first place.  Excellent song though.