New Slipmats

This is prettttty hilarious. I called you "Mr. Trump". That should have been your first clue into the fact that it was a joke. Second of all, my business has been around and done well for 4 years without your support--so thanks for nothing, Mr. Trump. Lastly, lots of bands that you and I probably both really like (hardcore bands, punk bands, indie bands, metal bands, etc) stop in and say hello whenever they're in town, so I'm probably not too much of a real life jerk.

Just because someone runs a business doesn't mean they will kiss your ass. I especially won't kiss your ass when you can't understand a blatant joke, that wasn't even very insulting. 

To make up for this giant misunderstanding, I will offer you free shipping via Media Mail if you pre-order the next dump that I take.

This is prettttty hilarious. I called you "Mr. Trump". That should have been your first clue into the fact that it was a joke. Second of all, my business has been around and done well for 4 years without your support--so thanks for nothing, Mr. Trump. Lastly, lots of bands that you and I probably both really like (hardcore bands, punk bands, indie bands, metal bands, etc) stop in and say hello whenever they're in town, so I'm probably not too much of a real life jerk.

Just because someone runs a business doesn't mean they will kiss your ass. I especially won't kiss your ass when you can't understand a blatant joke, that wasn't even very insulting. 

To make up for this giant misunderstanding, I will offer you free shipping via Media Mail if you pre-order the next dump that I take.

And what would you say to me? I'm not defending his reaction but I did think his question was valid regardless of how it was worded.

Remember, when you answer a question about a product on a public forum, you're answering it for the individual and whoever happens to read it.

And FYI, here's a pic of my setup.

sO2dDl.jpg

Not only did I order one I linked your site to a friend who also bought one.

Based on what I'm seeing from you in this thread, I will not be a returning customer. Whether that means anything to you doesn't matter to me as a consumer.

Congratulations on making some really cool designs that I enjoy and good luck to you in the future.

And what would you say to me? I'm not defending his reaction but I did think his question was valid regardless of how it was worded.

Remember, when you answer a question about a product on a public forum, you're answering it for the individual and whoever happens to read it.

And FYI, here's a pic of my setup.

sO2dDl.jpg

Not only did I order one I linked your site to a friend who also bought one.

Based on what I'm seeing from you in this thread, I will not be a returning customer. Whether that means anything to you doesn't matter to me as a consumer.

Congratulations on making some really cool designs that I enjoy and good luck to you in the future.

I'm really happy that you did buy a slipmat and shared a link with your friend. Thanks!

But I have to seriously ask: how can you be offended by such a blatant and lighthearted joke? 

But I have to seriously ask: how can you be offended by such a blatant and lighthearted joke? 

Dude, nothing on the internet can be blatant. I have no idea who you are or what kind of personality you have. I read your initial comment in a tone I thought fit. If I was mistaken I guess its sort of on both of us. 

But with the amount of snarky people on these forums could you really blame me for reading it the way I did?

Dude, nothing on the internet can be blatant. I have no idea who you are or what kind of personality you have. I read your initial comment in a tone I thought fit. If I was mistaken I guess its sort of on both of us. 

But with the amount of snarky people on these forums could you really blame me for reading it the way I did?

Water under the bridge! 

The first "Mr. Trump" comment didn't bother me that much, but your second response definitely turned me off as a consumer.

I feel that people who come here to sell their products need to have more tact than your average forum member (see Travis). This is a totally free forum that anyone can use to promote their products and while I know many forum members can be jackoffs getting into an internet pissing contest doesn't make you look any better.

Yo... Do you think you can print that whale slipmat on a black mat?

Maybe at some point, but we just got another shipment of 'em on white.

If anything the original Trump comment makes me want to buy one of these. I thought it was lighthearted and hilarious. Porchlight, you and I would get along.

THIS IS WHAT I STRIVE FOR!

porchlight, you are a prime example as to what's wrong with this forum.

Really? Because I would argue that you are actually a prime example of what sucks about this forum. This dude is creating a cool product people want at a reasonable price. You're just some dude acting like a complete baby because he responded jokingly to your useless post about his product not being good enough for your standards. 

Ordered the whaleship slipmat as part of a gift for someone, it came yesterday and looks perfect. 

• 5 months later...