NME 50 best albums of 2012

you guys will hate my best of list then, lol

Let's hear it, chances are I won't hate it.

i'll probably be on the same level as you guys.

off the top, it's looking like:

japandroids

beach house

wild nothing

good music

frank ocean

kendrick lamaar

diiv

miniature tigers

minus the bear

poolside

but last year i did a top 30, so i'll certainly be stretching this out.

only listened to the jack white record. not a big fan of most of these artists. and i think enter shikari are completely awful.

didn't know pond put out a new record tho. that excites the crap out of me. will download right now.

haven't heard anything from them since rock collection.

EDIT: k that was NOT the pond i was expecting.

i'll probably be on the same level as you guys.

off the top, it's looking like:

japandroids

beach house

wild nothing

good music

frank ocean

kendrick lamaar

diiv

miniature tigers

minus the bear

poolside

but last year i did a top 30, so i'll certainly be stretching this out.

Did you listen to Cloud Nothings? That album fell off hard for most people but it's still in my top ten.

Did you listen to Cloud Nothings? That album fell off hard for most people but it's still in my top ten.

i honestly keep forgetting thats a 2012 release. thatll definitely have a spot on the list. im sure there are at least 3 top 10 albums that im not even thinking of.

i honestly keep forgetting thats a 2012 release. thatll definitely have a spot on the list. im sure there are at least 3 top 10 albums that im not even thinking of.

Yeah, came out early but it's really stuck with me. Them and Japs and Menzingers have satisfied my guitar rock fix for the year.

Hopefully seeing Japs and DIIV next week, tickets sold out but I'm trying to do press for DIIV, hoping the list doesn't fill up. DIIV wasn't added until after the show sold out, would have gone immediately if I had known before.

Grizzly Bear's album is still on the rise with me, it's so damn good.

Yeah, came out early but it's really stuck with me. Them and Japs and Menzingers have satisfied my guitar rock fix for the year.

Hopefully seeing Japs and DIIV next week, tickets sold out but I'm trying to do press for DIIV, hoping the list doesn't fill up. DIIV wasn't added until after the show sold out, would have gone immediately if I had known before.

Grizzly Bear's album is still on the rise with me, it's so damn good.

i'm going to the japandroids/diiv show in boston next sunday. seriously cannot wait.. last time they were around i missed out because i was dumb enough to think i could get tickets at the door.

i'm going to the japandroids/diiv show in boston next sunday. seriously cannot wait.. last time they were around i missed out because i was dumb enough to think i could get tickets at the door.

I saw Japs at Pitchfork Fest this year. Put on a great show. Would love to see a full set of theirs, and DIIV is insanely cool. wish me the best in getting tickets, it's the night after I have three exams in a row (in three days) too.

holy shit so much ignorance in this thread it's amazing.

guys, there's more to life than punk music. in fact, most music is better.

Yeah, pretty much. Most of the stuff I listen to would skew more toward Pitchfork than, say, AP but I think that NME puts together a bad list every year. Looking forward to Paste's and Consequence of Sound's lists.

Probably won't be very similar to the stuff I liked this year, though, because I didn't like a lot of the generally acclaimed records this year all that much.

Yeah, pretty much. Most of the stuff I listen to would skew more toward Pitchfork than, say, AP but I think that NME puts together a bad list every year. Looking forward to Paste's and Consequence of Sound's lists.

Probably won't be very similar to the stuff I liked this year, though, because I didn't like a lot of the generally acclaimed records this year all that much.

I mean, I'm not saying I agree with a lot of the list but at the same time there are some great albums in here. The fact that people are passing it off as "hipster garbage" is the only thing that's pissing me off.