iTunes 11

taylo234

So I'm looking at screenshots and it looks different. Is there only album view now and no way to switch to the column browser? the one that looks like this:

8232359601_1d120dc0de_z.jpg

In iTunes past there's always been a way to turn it on under the "view options" by enabling the "column browser," but If they got rid of it I don't believe I will upgrade anytime soon

So I'm looking at screenshots and it looks different. Is there only album view now and no way to switch to the column browser? the one that looks like this:

8232359601_1d120dc0de_z.jpg

In iTunes past there's always been a way to turn it on under the "view options" by enabling the "column browser," but If they got rid of it I don't believe I will upgrade anytime soon

It's still available, up in the top left there is that little white/gray square with a down arrow beside it? hit that, hit "Show Menu Bar", then when you're in Music > Songs view goto the View menu and turn on the column browser.

You can still access the column browser by clicking "songs." Only thing I haven't figured out is how to get it to show album art in that view like it does in iTunes 10. Personally I kind of like the new album grid view. Very clean and quick to load as opposed to the previous grid view.

My main gripe is that when tagging albums with artwork, there's no way to prevent iTunes from converting my .jpg artwork to .png during the embed process anymore. The old workaround was to drag the .jpg in to the little artwork window in the column browser view. But since the artwork window isn't present that I can find in iTunes 11, I'm out of luck.

Another thing that peeves me a little is that they've removed the ability to tag albums as "gapless." A little research told me that this tag was only useful to the crossfade functionality, which I don't use. But now I have my entire library tagged with a "gapless" tag that iTunes will not allow me to unset. I rolled back to 10.7 to unset the tag, but am not happy that I had to do so.

My main gripe is that when tagging albums with artwork, there's no way to prevent iTunes from converting my .jpg artwork to .png during the embed process anymore. The old workaround was to drag the .jpg in to the little artwork window in the column browser view. But since the artwork window isn't present that I can find in iTunes 11, I'm out of luck.

I was so mad they got rid of that! That's how I added my artwork. Now I have to right click all the songs in an album, go to get info, and copy & paste it to the little artwork window in the bottom right.

Another complaint: date sorting is screwed up on albums that have reissue bonus tracks, for example Nirvana's Bleach. The main album is dated 1989, but the bonus tracks 2009. iTunes used to sort this correctly, so that the album showed up chronologically. Now it's sorting it by the later 2009 tracks for some reason. Same for all albums of this nature. Angerrrrrrrr.

installing now. hope i don't hate it.

edit: so far it aint bad, but i can't seem to figure out how to make that big scrolly view like when i turn my iphone sideways.

i've always preferred my itunes like that, but if it's gone now no biggy.

i like how everything fills to the color of the album art when you open up an album. thats neat.