PO: The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law

'The Big Roar' is one of my favorite LPs of the past five years and their live show is absolutely KILLER - you think "Whirring" is a beast on record, it ain't nothing compared to the maelstrom of the live version - and I am loving the material we've got from the new album so far.

That said, the deluxe box doesn't really look worth the price and I'm sure the bonus track from the 12" will be available elsewhere at some point. Totally in for the standard LP the day it comes out, though.

'The Big Roar' is one of my favorite LPs of the past five years and their live show is absolutely KILLER - you think "Whirring" is a beast on record, it ain't nothing compared to the maelstrom of the live version - and I am loving the material we've got from the new album so far.

That said, the deluxe box doesn't really look worth the price and I'm sure the bonus track from the 12" will be available elsewhere at some point. Totally in for the standard LP the day it comes out, though.

I finally got to see them a couple weeks ago, and was expecting a great show but I was absolutely blown away. Definitely in the top 3 bands I've seen live.

I finally got to see them a couple weeks ago, and was expecting a great show but I was absolutely blown away. Definitely in the top 3 bands I've seen live.

I've seen them twice and both times have been stellar. I wanted to go to one of the intimate preview shows for this record back last month but wasn't sure if I could get the time off from work - by the time I did, the one I could go to was sold out. Oh well.

I've seen them twice and both times have been stellar. I wanted to go to one of the intimate preview shows for this record back last month but wasn't sure if I could get the time off from work - by the time I did, the one I could go to was sold out. Oh well.

The venue I was at was about 1500 people and although they weren't technically the headliner and only played 7 songs (which still ended up being 45 minutes despite this), they brought down the house either way. Ritzy even ended up giving one of her guitars to the guy next to me at the front at the end of their set. Didn't even bother staying for the headliner because I knew they couldn't be beat. Pretty damn awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

the big roar was #1 in 2011 and is a top 80 album of all time for me.  will be hard to match up to.  still very excited

There's no way this will be as good as 'The Big Roar' - that was such a kick-in-the-teeth-out-of-nowhere, where have you been all my life? type of album, it would be pretty impossible for them to top it. That said, everything I've heard so far has me excited and I'm expecing pretty great things from 'Wolf's Law'.

• 2 weeks later...

disappointed overall! Glad I didnt go for an expensive preorder...and why the hell did they use 2 songs that have already been released in one way or another! I hate when bands put songs on a new album, when the songs are old and clearly recorded at a different time/place...than the others....makes it less cohesive