New Job!

So I'm sure some of you know that I work at Oldies.com, well customer service isn't exactly what I want to do with my life (I'm a psych grad student after all). Anyways I just got a new job working with adults with intelectual disablities. I'm really excited about it and cannot wait to start!

Congrats on the new job!

I've been teaching part time for 3 years now (subbed a year before that, too).  It kinda sucks, especially in today's environment, not having a full-time job, so I interviewed with my town Parks & Rec department for full-time.  These jobs are crazy hard to get, and I've been part time there for 6 years or so.  They are passing their choice to the Town Board and I should hear Monday if it's my name they chose.  I'm kinda nervous, not knowing if I should abandon teaching or not to take this if they did.

Congrats on the new job!

I've been teaching part time for 3 years now (subbed a year before that, too).  It kinda sucks, especially in today's environment, not having a full-time job, so I interviewed with my town Parks & Rec department for full-time.  These jobs are crazy hard to get, and I've been part time there for 6 years or so.  They are passing their choice to the Town Board and I should hear Monday if it's my name they chose.  I'm kinda nervous, not knowing if I should abandon teaching or not to take this if they did.

Teaching will always be there for you, if this new job is as good as you say and there is an opening go for it. It's something new that can provide you a steady income.

I know.  I know this is the right option (assuming I get it) but I'm really unhappy that it's 6 months of probation meaning no days off or flexibility.  Right now and for the last 3 years, coaching has been my life.  The team I'm a part of this year is set to win states and go to nationals and I would miss a lot of games, the last tournament, states, and nationals if I got this.

The job is Tues-Sat and a mix between 8-4 (which is fine) and 1-9 (which ruins all hockey on those days).

I'm having a hard time justifying giving up an extra 20 grand for coaching.

So I'm sure some of you know that I work at Oldies.com, well customer service isn't exactly what I want to do with my life (I'm a psych grad student after all). Anyways I just got a new job working with adults with intelectual disablities. I'm really excited about it and cannot wait to start!

Congrats man, hope you dig it. I've been working with vulnerable adults for a few months now (specifically, the guy I work with the most has asperger's) and I absolutely love it. I also work with a teenager with TBI...so I know how you're about to feel with the learning disabilities.

It's a trying job at times, but I usually walk out everyday smiling. Hopefully you'll have a great time doing something similar.