Recently Viewing

I just finished a documentary about digital vs. film called Side by Side. Keanu Reeves Narrates and conducts interviews with a prominent selection of folks within the film industry. Definitely worth a watch if the technical side of film interests you!

Just finished watching this, it gives a really nice insight and has a few laughs. Great documentary.

I'm not a big fan of horror films but The Purge looks really good. Definitely a original plot. 

There is a portion in Bend Sinister, a novel by Nabokov, that is very similar to the plot of this movie. In the novel,  sexual predators and violent offenders are allowed to 'purge' themselves once a week. The prison/political system leaves them alone in an open courtyard with a small child and gives them free reign over the kid in hopes that their actions will serve a controlled output of all of their pent up aggression (with ultimate goals of creating a society where human-consciousness is equally distributed). 

go for the theatrical version over the extended cut. i heard the extended wasn't as good. donnie darko is like that too, where the theatrical is way better than extended.

Do you happen to know what version this is?

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Nobody/dp/B0045I3EJC/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1365712547&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=mor.+nobody

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

A mockumentary set in a world where killers like Freddie, Jason, and Chucky are real. A documentary crew follows around a man hoping to become a legend like them as he prepares for the night that will make him into just that. It's part parody/dark comedy/horror film. Pretty good for anyone who loves those old slasher films!

A mockumentary set in a world where killers like Freddie, Jason, and Chucky are real. A documentary crew follows around a man hoping to become a legend like them as he prepares for the night that will make him into just that. It's part parody/dark comedy/horror film. Pretty good for anyone who loves those old slasher films!

I checked IMDB. 6.7 is pretty good for this type of movie. Going to see if I can download it!

One of my favorites.  Sooooo good and there's some pretty funny parts as well.  I wish they were able to get enough funds through Kickstarter to do the sequel...

Behind the Mask is one of the best horror comedies I've seen, stoked for the eventual sequel.

Caught a couple of indie flicks with the gal last night, both ended up being depressing as all hell.  First was The Freebie, written and directed by Katie Aselton (The League).  I was never a fan of Dax Shepard until I started catching him in his newer indie movies, and the guy is actual a pretty good actor and the chemistry between him and Aselton seems authentic.  Overall, the movie was really great, just really depressing.  Not the best date flick.

Watched The Vicious Kind afterwards.  Adam Scott does a great job as a crazed asshole and proves himself as more than just a comedic force.  I would recommend checking this out on Netflix, though again, not a date flick at all.  

Somebody recommend something cute to watch dammit.