I'm 20.  But I think I come off as being a little older.  When I see how the majority of the other 20~ year olds around here conduct themselves, I cringe.

Woof. I feel that. If I'd been on here as a 20 year old I'd have been a reeeeeal douche.

Edit: I also would have been trying to fuck EVERYTHING.

Edit 2: Maybe too much info...

Oh wow I think I'm actually gonna fall asleep before 4 so cya.

G'night

I lurked a bit when I was like 19-21 but mostly I came to VC for Virgil's distro. Which makes me feel really old because that was 7-8 years ago.

But we'll all be dead one day, so time is whatever.

Oh yeah, hello small talk thread.

Welcome, and glad to see another 1986'er ;)

I'll start us off I guess.

1) Band: for a long time I would have said Black Sabbath, but I think I'm more into Sleep lately

2)Saves the Day - Through Being Cool.

3)Ummm. Probably not my favorite, but I'll admit that fucking Darkhorse song by Katy Perry has been a real guilty pleasure of mine lately. Especially after seening Vin Diesel dancing to it and being a real weirdo.

Quick poll: what is everyone's favorite

1)Band

2)Album

3)Song

currently.

I can never narrow it down, but recently I've been going through a massive Bomb the Music Industry! phase.  I've also found a new love for Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity" and Make Do and Mend's "Everything You Ever Loved".

Quick poll: what is everyone's favorite

1)Band

2)Album

3)Song

currently.

The Blood Brothers

I wouldn't say favorite but I've been listening to You're gonna miss it all- Modern Baseball a lot the past month.

Favorite song right now has to be Bonfire- Childish Gambino. Some crazy lines in that song.

The Blood Brothers

I wouldn't say favorite but I've been listening to You're gonna miss it all- Modern Baseball a lot the past month.

Favorite song right now has to be Bonfire- Childish Gambino. Some crazy lines in that song.

Childish Gambino is another one of those artists that I can't really get into like Drake, knowing that he was a ridiculous character on a tv show. I'll have to give him more of a listen.

I really dug The Blood Brothers up through Burn, Piano Island, Burn.

I can never narrow it down, but recently I've been going through a massive Bomb the Music Industry! phase.  I've also found a new love for Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity" and Make Do and Mend's "Everything You Ever Loved".

Jimmy Eat World will forever have a place in my heart. Although an ex I reeeeally dislike LOVED them, so it kind of ruins them for me :/

Welcome, and glad to see another 1986'er ;)

It's basically the correct year to be born.

Favorite band, I'd say either Converge or Talking Heads.

Album, I've been listening to Trophy Scars - Goodnight Alchemy a lot lately. Not my favorite ever, but it's been on my turntable the most the past month or so.

Favorite song, again not of all time, Self Defense Family - I Can't Be Relied Upon (To Suck the Cocks of Cowards With No Souls). 

It's basically the correct year to be born.

Favorite band, I'd say either Converge or Talking Heads.

Album, I've been listening to Trophy Scars - Goodnight Alchemy a lot lately. Not my favorite ever, but it's been on my turntable the most the past month or so.

Favorite song, again not of all time, Self Defense Family - I Can't Be Relied Upon (To Suck the Cocks of Cowards With No Souls). 

Have you checked out Holy Vacants yet?  It's a doozy.  

Childish Gambino is another one of those artists that I can't really get into like Drake, knowing that he was a ridiculous character on a tv show. I'll have to give him more of a listen.

I've been following Donald Glover as a comedian and a rapper since his youtube days. I really wish he'd calm down with the music a bit and do more comedy. He's not a BAD rapper, but he's an amazing comedian. Way better at comedy than he is at rapping. Everyone needs to watch the Derrick Comedy movie Mystery Team.

Have you checked out Holy Vacants yet?  It's a doozy.  

Is it streaming yet? I've been meaning to preorder it but money is stupid.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic