I'm stoked to get a very small piece next month. My girlfriend's friend owns a shop and they're doing a Friday the 13th promotion, so I got to see the flash early.

I haven't had the money to start any REAL work yet. Really wish I had started getting tattoos before getting into records/drugs. I don't do drugs anymore but probably could have covered myself head to toe in tattoos with the money I spent.

I feel like anything that I think is meaningful at 20 will be stupid by the time I'm 30, so I've held off on tattoos for now.  I've wanted a shitty stick and poke somewhere not very noticeable for a while though, because if it's stupid now, it'll always be stupid.  More of just a little reminder of being a kid, for nostalgias sake when I'm older.

Anyone else digging on the new Weatherbox LP?

I keep hearing "Album of the year" but I'm not listening until the record arrives. They were one of my favorite bands around when American Art came out. I read a few interviews that Brian did for this album and I'm really interested in hearing this thing.

Slightly off-topic but...

I heard "Album of the Year" about Sunbather and I thought that was ridiculously overrated. I'm not saying it was bad, by any means, but I hardly think it deserved all the hype and praise it was getting for a while there. Obviously, I'm going to make some enemies saying that but whatever. Just my opinion.

I heard "Album of the Year" about Sunbather and I thought that was ridiculously overrated. I'm not saying it was bad, by any means, but I hardly think it deserved all the hype and praise it was getting for a while there. Obviously, I'm going to make some enemies saying that but whatever. Just my opinion.

To each his own. A lot of people felt it was AOTY, for sure. It was definitely one of my favorites from 2013 but I can rspkt that you feel differently. What were your favorites from last year?

Totally with you... good record, not in my top 25 last year

To each his own. A lot of people felt it was AOTY, for sure. It was definitely one of my favorites from 2013 but I can rspkt that you feel differently. What were your favorites from last year?

I actually wrote a rather thorough post of it here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/96690-vcs-best-of-the-year-2013-list-you-vote/page-3#entry1743754

Most I still agree with but I will say even picking the ones I did was a tough call. I just basically went through my iTunes and record collection to see what I actually ended up buying and tried to base it more off of that. Definitely don't expect many to agree with my choices.

Never cared much for Game of Thrones. I neeeed to catch up on Orphan Black.

Once I get my first real job and potentially move...it's first tattoo time. It might be a bit yet though. I have a few Ideas that I've loved since high school, so I'm not worried about regret.

I slept till 7:10 today instead of 6am. So impressed. My body aches though.

Inner forearm tat pain. My inner wrist was brutal. Forearm?

It doesn't hurt at all.  I have both of my inner forearms tattooed.  I feel that arms are relatively easy.  Thighs, not so much, lol.

I have a tattoo behind my ear and people always cringe and assume it hurt the most but aside from the buzzing of the tattoo gun vibrating my skull, it was fine.

Probably not, yesterday was a full moon! Height of excitement and change.

I really love my part time job. I know I say it a lot but it feels like such a blessing to enjoy being around my boss and not mind waking up in the morning. I know that I'll have to leave in a few months because I can't live on a part time wage the rest of my life, but man it sucks to think about leaving this place.

It doesn't hurt at all. I have both of my inner forearms tattooed. I feel that arms are relatively easy. Thighs, not so much, lol.

I have a tattoo behind my ear and people always cringe and assume it hurt the most but aside from the buzzing of the tattoo gun vibrating my skull, it was fine.

Thighs weren't bad for me. My stomach was the worst pain, along with my knee cap and certain spots on my spine

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic