Art is hard. :(.

I guess it's not all bad.  I could have writers block and just not have anything at all.  I have a few things that I've got parts for, but nothing 100% complete.  I just need someone else to help let the creative juices flow and bounce ideas off of.

Spoken word and movie samples are both dope.

Agreed.  Unless you can't figure out what it is and it drives you nuts for a long time.

I keep writing music that I don't have any idea if or how I will put lyrics over.  The one I just wrote sounds like an album filler that would have spoken word over it or like a movie sample.  

Moral of the story:  Art is hard.

Study poetry, and lyrics of artist that inspire you. Learn your rules of poetry, figure out common motives in your life that inspire you. Think of events that evoke strong emotions inside of you. Write about what inspires you. I once wrote a song about a documentary I saw on YouTube called Dirty Girls. Inspiration can hit you at anytime, if you think it's worth wiring down write it down. You may scrap it later but you'll regret it more if you don't write it. Song writing is hard, lyrics are hard, the more you work at it the better you get also Google synonyms as you write it could give you a whole new song. 

As of 2 hours and 24 minutes ago - I have officially quit smoking butts for 5.5 years.
The 5 year milestone slipped my mind when it passed on New Year's Eve.
I guess the next one to look forward to is 10 years - 1 decade.

I've also been completely sober for about 35 days now. I don't even drink coffee or pop.
I guess that's the new thing to keep track of. I guess 35 days isn't much but it's not like I have some back-up crutch...
So I'm pretty proud I guess, mostly I just figure that this time it's gonna stick for a good, long while.

The downside to all of it is, I can't really hang out with anyone anymore, cause pretty much everyone I used to know is an addict of some kind.

I rely too much on beer or benedryl to fall asleep on shitty nights, which ends up being 3-4 nights a week. Also, whenever I drunk post here I always cringe at the posts in the morning, so I've started to avoid this thread for a while after drunk posts. Also, why the fuck do I care so much about everything? All I can fuckingthink about is how badly I fucked up this thing I had going with this girl, every thing reminds me of it, so it's on my

mind all the fucking time. I guess I'm just an overly sentimental 20 year old dude who really needs to work on his ability to cope. Man, I'm drunk and I know this post sucks...I can't imagine how bad it will sound when I'm sober. Anyways, happy Canada Day. Last year right now I was preparing for Dikembe pre orders and much happier.

As of 2 hours and 24 minutes ago - I have officially quit smoking butts for 5.5 years.

I've also been completely sober for about 35 days now. I don't even drink coffee or pop.

I guess that's the new thing to keep track of. I guess 35 days isn't much but it's not like I have some back-up crutch...

So I'm pretty proud I guess, mostly I just figure that this time it's gonna stick for a good, long while.

The downside to all of it is, I can't really hang out with anyone anymore, cause pretty much everyone I used to know is an addict of some kind.

That's awesome though, good for you! 

Congrats! That's awesome

I rely too much on beer or benedryl to fall asleep on shitty nights, which ends up being 3-4 nights a week. Also, whenever I drunk post here I always cringe at the posts in the morning, so I've started to avoid this thread for a while after drunk posts. Also, why the fuck do I care so much about everything? All I can fuckingthink about is how badly I fucked up this thing I had going with this girl, every thing reminds me of it, so it's on my

mind all the fucking time. I guess I'm just an overly sentimental 20 year old dude who really needs to work on his ability to cope. Man, I'm drunk and I know this post sucks...I can't imagine how bad it will sound when I'm sober. Anyways, happy Canada Day. Last year right now I was preparing for Dikembe pre orders and much happier.

I'm an overthinker myself but I had to get to the point of finding the positive in everything. Every relationship teaches us SOMETHING. Find that lesson and apply it to future relationships.

You are grown adult but be careful with the alcohol. It can easily become a crutch. Best wishes! You will be fine.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic