So...maybe just put some of your leftover family into some Tupperware and re-heat them later?

That's not the point. Thanksgiving is supposed to be about family or for some people at least a day off. Not camping out in front of a store for discounted merchandise. Especially for someone like me who lives far from family, Thanksgiving is a cherished day.

That's not the point. Thanksgiving is supposed to be about family or for some people at least a day off. Not camping out in front of a store for discounted merchandise. Especially for someone like me who lives far from family, Thanksgiving is a cherished day.

You totally missed the joke and I'm sad because that was such a good joke.

pre orders:

Earth - Primitive and Deadly

Primus- Primus and the chocolate Factory

Electric Wizard -'Time to Die

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

Guardians of the Galaxy - Soundtrack

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

incoming:

Let The Right One In - Death Waltz OST

Naam - Vow

lullaby Renditions Pearl Jam (trying to get them all for the baby coming in January)

I just like knocking Bagel off the top, she's quite the poster!

You're almost out of pic disc territory too!  What's next after that?  Someone told me the tiers before but it was so long ago I'll never find it... if anyone knows all the levels/tiers, please post them!

I like checking out the sell/trade feedback tab sometimes.  I just wish you could click the negative feedback and see it all on 1 page.  I'd like to know who is bringing the ratio down. 99.2% is not bad but we can do better, VC, c'mon! :D  I know that a lot of those negs are from some troll who got banned and went on a fake feedback spree, even giving the mods neg feedback and just about anyone who posted in their thread.  What a jerk, they brought the whole VC average down!

You totally missed the joke and I'm sad because that was such a good joke.

Agreed!

pre orders:

Earth - Primitive and Deadly

Primus- Primus and the chocolate Factory

Electric Wizard -'Time to Die

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

Guardians of the Galaxy - Soundtrack

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

incoming:

Let The Right One In - Death Waltz OST

Naam - Vow

lullaby Renditions Pearl Jam (trying to get them all for the baby coming in January)

I have to up my Naam game.

LOL - I don't own any AF, and I have 1 AC record - Strawberry Jam, and it's up for sale.  I didn't mind it when it came out but kinda got tired of it and the whole band in general.  Only album from them that I really dug was Sung Tongs, the first stuff I heard from them was off that album and is what introduced me/got me into them.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch is a good album though, I have that on vinyl too, and I prefer it over most AC stuff.

Preach. There isn't a single AnCo album that I would actually want to buy full-price. They're just...not that great, honestly. I do still like to spin Panda Bear occasionally, though. Person Pitch was my jam in 11th grade.

I can't believe a few people I know still think AnCo is one of the most groundbreaking, musically talented groups out there.

So, I've started this thing where if I own the vinyl on album, I'm no longer allowed to have it on my phone for easy listening access...that way if I want to listen to it I have to listen to my record...does anyone else do this?

That's pretty interesting. How has it worked so far?

That's pretty interesting. How has it worked so far?

It's been awesome. It forces me to both listen to my records more, and when I'm out I get more into bands/albums I maybe wasn't as into because they're what I have to listen to when I'm driving around. I've found some albums that were lower in my rankings for a band's discography really growing on me.

Did you really, though? ;):P

I mean, for a bit. I'm back now. Sort of, I'll get lost in some bad Netflix movie in a few.

1322612790-bagelsad.jpg

Yes that is me

I love everything bagels.

Same.

BUT I normally get honey wheat bagels with 1/2 jalapeño and 1/2 veggie cream cheese if that option is available to me.

I'm so hungry right now but I can't afford to go grab food and we don't have much here since no one has been home.

Shit. So Now I'm very aware of how unorganized I am with my purchasing :(

Okay just off the top of my head, this is what I'm expecting.

New lana album

Harley Quinn and joker

Fleet foxes albums

Beatles-revolver

Xmen

Guardians

7" MCR -conventional weapons

Panic-pretty odd

Fallout boy infinity

Fall out boy -cork tree

All three represses of m83

Garden state

I know there is more. This is bad. I need to keep track. I've paid for all of these except guardians and m83 so I won't have any surprise withdrawals. I prefer paying right away.

My fun spending days are over for a while. This list makes me feel very guilty.

So, I've started this thing where if I own the vinyl on album, I'm no longer allowed to have it on my phone for easy listening access...that way if I want to listen to it I have to listen to my record...does anyone else do this?

Long story short, sort of.

I use Spotify (mobile and on my laptop) more frequently than I spin records; that's something I'm not exactly proud of, especially having put this much money into my collection, but it's mostly because I recently moved into a townhouse with neighbors on both sides. I've been told by multiple people that I listen to records with the volume cranked up way too loud, so I usually try to spin stuff in the immediate hours after I get home from class/work, and use Spotify in the evening and when I'm at work.

I know there is more. This is bad. I need to keep track. I've paid for all of these except guardians and m83 so I won't have any surprise withdrawals. I prefer paying right away.

Check your paypal or credit card statement?  If you've already been charged it should be on there, the charges might have obscure names, but if it gives any indication of where you bought from, maybe it'll jog your memory?

Check your paypal or credit card statement? If you've already been charged it should be on there, the charges might have obscure names, but if it gives any indication of where you bought from, maybe it'll jog your memory?

Good idea! I just need to make it a point to be more organized. My laziness is bad.

Agreed!

I have to up my Naam game.

Yeah! You totally should! Not to deep, perfect time to hop in. This is actually the band that got me in to the genre. A guy on instagram DMed me a download code for vow, and I was hooked. I actually just bought Vow on vinyl for 6 bucks used on Amazon. Last copy :-) still decently cheap though for brand new copies on Amazon.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic