I love buying house stuff. I am obsessed with Midcentury stuff. My Apt looks like something out of mad men kitchen and furniture wise. This rest is pure nerd bullshit. 

YESSSS Mid century furniture is the best. I know this little town with a bunch of retired people and they sell that stuff all the time. When I can afford it I just want to load up and bring it all to my apartment.

YESSSS Mid century furniture is the best. I know this little town with a bunch of retired people and they sell that stuff all the time. When I can afford it I just want to load up and bring it all to my apartment.

That's amazing. I'm currently negotiating the purchase of a aqua fridge from the 50's-60's that has a brand new motor in it.  

That's amazing. I'm currently negotiating the purchase of a aqua fridge from the 50's-60's that has a brand new motor in it.  

So Badass. Your cups and the fridge. I want to see what your place looks like! Are your pieces restored!? I am obsessed with Teak wood. It is so easy to get it looking gorgeous again. I want alll teak furniture. 

So Badass. Your cups and the fridge. I want to see what your place looks like! Are your pieces restored!? I am obsessed with Teak wood. It is so easy to get it looking gorgeous again. I want alll teak furniture. 

Mostly goodwill finds, some reproductions. I actually live in this 1960's tiki mod apartment complex with like A-Frame's and all. Each side has these long carved tiki totems which are bad ass.

Ill try and take some pics once I decorate for halloween as most of my decorations are vintage from the 60's

That glassware is amazing! 

I looove thrifting and going to antique stores, totally would not mind a more vintage-y feel to my future space.

You kind find so many amazing things thrifting. If I find a pattern or set I like I research it to death and scour places. I found a complete Pyrex bowl set this way and only paid 25 for the whole thing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261546410136?lpid=82

Mostly goodwill finds, some reproductions. I actually live in this 1960's tiki mod apartment complex with like A-Frame's and all. Each side has these long carved tiki totems which are bad ass.

Ill try and take some pics once I decorate for halloween as most of my decorations are vintage from the 60's

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.

You are describing like my ideal dream housing situation.

Teak. A-frame. GAHHH! I have to see this.

I kind of hate you a little.

EDIT: And that fridge is PERFECT. Düwant.

Dude, you have to have freebird's. They have like 5 sizes of burritos and a shit ton of toppings. EVEN BBQ SAUCE. Ugh. So good. There is one right by one of the graywhales, so on the rare chance I'm out that way I always get it.

That sounds fantastic. Which Graywhale is it by? I normally just go to the University/Bountiful locations.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.

You are describing like my ideal dream housing situation.

Teak. A-frame. GAHHH! I have to see this.

I kind of hate you a little.

Hahaha I tell people I live in the tiki room at Disneyland. Here some pics from online: http://critiki.com/location/?loc_id=189

I have a really cool book about Tiki Architecture in the 60's and my apt complex is in it. When I showed the current owners of the place they were floored. 

If you saw my room you would understand:

-55 LED

-350 records

-mmf 2.2

-polks

-headphone amp

-DAC

-ps4

-blurays

-3 pairs of headphones

-macbook

-a futon

-band shirts

-and none of the essentials that every human should have

I have to go shit house at IKEA next week with housewares, and fucking spatulas,knives, bathroom rug, shower curtain, all that dumb shit you NEED, but that I haven't ever needed to buy for some odd reason. Haha.

Wait, I thought those were the essentials?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic