Advice! I don't want to make a whole topic for this but I'm not sure what to do:

Back in like May I won a contest on SRC for a record & test press. It's SRC exclusive and it came out the end of July. Here I am, end of September, and no record/TP. I've emailed them back and forth and they just keep saying "it'll probably ship this week!" (this was Aug 19th) or "I'll do my best!" (Aug 26th) I just recently replied to them saying 'hey, I you're going to be shipping me a different order this week, do you think my contest record will be shipped with it?' No response, and that order was marked shipped today, without my prize record. I even said in one of my emails, that I don't care about the variant or test pressing, I just want to own this and listen to this. I even messaged Lupe., because he won the Starting Line contest, and he never received his prize either.

So now I'm not sure if I should just say fuck it, and buy this record (I would have to order it through SRC since it's exclusive) or just keep waiting it out. Either way, they have me by the (non)balls and I feel like I can't really complain since it's, supposed to be, a free record and test. Just seems really shitty to hold a contest then never deliver on the prize.

I like The OC but gave up on One Tree Hill during the 1st season. I also love Veronica Mars. With that in mind should I watch Gossip Girl?

YES.

It'll take a season or so for it to grow on you. First season is kind of meh, but second season is where the characters transition to who they really are and start developing more. And production value goes up a lot. And they all get better hair cuts. Haha.

Watch it.

Advice! I don't want to make a whole topic for this but I'm not sure what to do:

Back in like May I won a contest on SRC for a record & test press. It's SRC exclusive and it came out the end of July. Here I am, end of September, and no record/TP. I've emailed them back and forth and they just keep saying "it'll probably ship this week!" (this was Aug 19th) or "I'll do my best!" (Aug 26th) I just recently replied to them saying 'hey, I you're going to be shipping me a different order this week, do you think my contest record will be shipped with it?' No response, and that order was marked shipped today, without my prize record. I even said in one of my emails, that I don't care about the variant or test pressing, I just want to own this and listen to this. I even messaged Lupe., because he won the Starting Line contest, and he never received his prize either.

So now I'm not sure if I should just say fuck it, and buy this record (I would have to order it through SRC since it's exclusive) or just keep waiting it out. Either way, they have me by the (non)balls and I feel like I can't really complain since it's, supposed to be, a free record and test. Just seems really shitty to hold a contest then never deliver on the prize.

There are many reasons why people on here ironically hate SRC. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Order your own copy.

There are many reasons why people on here ironically hate SRC. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Order your own copy.

Yeah that's what I figure. Maybe I can snag one in the buy/sell/trade forum at some point. Just seems wrong to order it from them, after thye already are supposed to be sending me one anyways.

I swear I'm the only person in the world who has never had an issue with SRC.

I didn't up until this! I've tried to be super positive about it, and all my emails were really nice. I'm just stumped on this. If they communicated with me as like "we actually don't have the test press right now" or some sort of excuse, I'd understand. But in one of their recent mass emails they said they had "found" a few extras of the most limited variant (which was what I was supposed to get) and now of course those are sold out again. I just don't get why they'd do a contest if they aren't going to supply the prizes?

Who have you been emailing? if there is multiple people I'd CC all of them. Promoting a contest and then not paying out is total fucking bullshit. 

Who have you been emailing? if there is multiple people I'd CC all of them. Promoting a contest and then not paying out is total fucking bullshit.

Danny (isn't he the owner?) He's [email protected], but I've tried also emailing [email protected] and it's always Danny that replies. I know theres a Jenna too but I'm not sure of her email or anything.

Danny (isn't he the owner?) He's [email protected], but I've tried also emailed [email protected] and it's always Danny that replies. I know theres a Jenna too but I'm not sure of her email or anything.

Try these:

[email protected]

[email protected] 

Justin from dine alone might be able to help you too. 

You caught me before I edited my post, but I've tried the support one. I'll try Jenna's though! Thanks!

Part of me just feels like an ass making a big deal out of something that is being given to me free.

You aren't being an ass, they got promotional milage out of the contest. If they fail to pay out or are making it difficult by not communicating they are earning a reputation for being a bad company. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic