Some people will always be like that, no matter how old there are. I think the important thing is to being aware of the negative people in your life and parsing them out if necessary.

This. It's a good thing that you are aware that their behavior isn't something you need in your life. Maybe it could be as simple as having a serious discussion about what's going on, or it could be a more drastic situation where you need to move on. I hope you get that useless feeling out of there.. it's one of the worst things and I wish I didn't know how it feels.

Also something to ponder: were you friends because you liked eachother or because you saw them daily in school?

I've hung out with them a lot over the last few years but whenever they get high or drunk they show how they really feel about me and that's what I hate about them. I enjoyed doing things with them but when they act like assholes then I question whether I should even be associated with them anymore (after tonight it's a no)

Just got a call at 2 am from my "friends" and literally the whole time they just made fun of me about everything (my weight, having red hair, never had a girlfriend, etc.) and they just wouldn't stop and it went on for 10 minutes. Is there anything I can do about this because I'm just so emotionally distraught right now... I literally feel so useless....

You've gotta stand up to those bronies. Say, look mate, i'd like to keep listening to you complimenting my handsome looks but i'm shagging your mum so call me later and if I don't answer, she wanted seconds. 

But seriously, those boys sound like they peaked in middle school, which means they're doomed to be lame. You'll find new friends worth your time. I've only got about 3-4 really good friends and that's all a guy really needs. Keep that chin up chief! 

I've hung out with them a lot over the last few years but whenever they get high or drunk they show how they really feel about me and that's what I hate about them. I enjoyed doing things with them but when they act like assholes then I question whether I should even be associated with them anymore (after tonight it's a no)

If you are Jesus, they are the Judas of Suburbia. I think it's okay to make jokes about each other, as long as it's just a bit teasing. But when it ends up just being insults, you should really reconsider your friendship.

I'm getting a tour of our new warehouse and offices today. It's 3x as large as what we're in now. Just in the 7 months I've been there we've doubled our warehouse stock and bought another company. It's awesome to be part of so much growth. People really do like their country gifts!

Speaking from experience, you really don't need those people in your life. I cut my high school friends out that did similar stuff to me and I'm a better person for it. That shit got old, I always had to contact them to do stuff and i just re evaluated things and said I don't need that. It sucked, things were tough since I was bored most of the time but once I had a new group of friends in place, it was all worth it. People are so petty to take out their insecurities on someone else.

I think I finally caught the flu going around, since just about everyone in the office has had it over the past month. This sucks. Maybe it'll help me quit smoking though, since I really don't feel like a cigarette at all.

Any Netflix recommendations to occupy my entire weekend?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic