That's cool it doesnt bother her much.

It didnt end up watching the vixen in my sig the other night, but I taped it so will watch Saturday.

She hates it lol.

!!! Did you DVR it or actually tape it on a VHS? Because the latter would be very retro of you. ;)

PS- I didn't get a DVD player until about 10 years ago (and even then it was actually a PS2).

She hates it lol.

!!! Did you DVR it or actually tape it on a VHS? Because the latter would be very retro of you. ;)

PS- I didn't get a DVD player until about 10 years ago (and even then it was actually a PS2).

DVR. I used to tape shit alllllllll the time on VHS back in the day. Mostly HBO stuff like their sex shows or those crappy/awesome made for cable flix.

PS- I didnt get a bluray player until a year ago or an HD TV until 2 years ago. I resist technology as much as possible.

DVR. I used to tape shit alllllllll the time on VHS back in the day. Mostly HBO stuff like their sex shows or those crappy/awesome made for cable flix.

PS- I didnt get a bluray player until a year ago or an HD TV until 2 years ago. I resist technology as much as possible.

I had a dresser filled with recordable VHSs that my aunt gave me. Each had 2-4 movies on it that she would rent and record. When DVDs came out, she was more financially capable and gave me all the VHSs and started collecting DVDs. I discovered SO many great 90s films through this collection: Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, Striptease, Reservior Dogs, Showgirls, True Romance, Heathers, Pump Up the Volume, etc.

I had a dresser filled with recordable VHSs that my aunt gave me. Each had 2-4 movies on it that she would rent and record. When DVDs came out, she was more financially capable and gave me all the VHSs and started collecting DVDs. I discovered SO many great 90s films through this collection: Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, Striptease, Reservior Dogs, Showgirls, True Romance, Heathers, Pump Up the Volume, etc.

Same here!

+1 for True Romance. One of my absolute favorite films. Fan of the others too (except Showgirls, cmon Fowty!)

When I say a dresser full, this is what I am referencing:

dresser1.jpg

Something like this^^^. There were easily 30 tapes in each drawer, at ~3 films each = 90. times 5 drawers = 450 movies.

When I say I watched all of them, I mean it. Even shitty ones. that's an average (when you consider Tarantino or apocalypse now type films) of 810 hours (around 1.8 hours each). Which is almost 34 days. So basically I spent a month of my life watching 90s films over the course of 2 or 3 years (on top of other things I watched regularly like Buffy or SLC Punk--I watched this often).

I'm kind of impressed with myself and depressed at myself simultaneously.

dresser1.jpg

Something like this^^^. There were easily 30 tapes in each drawer, at ~3 films each = 90. times 5 drawers = 450 movies.

When I say I watched all of them, I mean it. Even shitty ones. that's an average (when you consider Tarantino or apocalypse now type films) of 810 hours (around 1.8 hours each). Which is almost 34 days. So basically I spent a month of my life watching 90s films over the course of 2 or 3 years (on top of other things I watched regularly like Buffy or SLC Punk--I watched this often).

Damn, I'm impressed. I mean I watch a lot of movies, but damn that is quite a feat. 

you guys i put an offer in on a house last night and now i'm dying sitting here at work waiting to hear back.

adulting is terrifying.

Congrats, or I guess it's to early for that so Good Luck!

I've been in my house for 4 months or so and it's nice.  Been working on buying all the adult stuffs I need for it ever since though.  Mostly done with the big items.  Having a mattress delivered tomorrow.  So excited to actually have a bed.  Although I can pretty much guarantee that I'll still be sleeping on my couch more nights than not.

dresser1.jpg

I'm impressed... & you shouldn't be depressed at yourself cuz thats pretty awesome. We had a similar childhood in that respect. I grew up on movies & HBO , no shame. Some of my best memories are hanging with my cousin or friends watching shit no 14yo should ever watch.

Damn, I'm impressed. I mean I watch a lot of movies, but damn that is quite a feat. 

I was really poor. I had a lot of time on my hands during the summer because I had to babysit/ raise my little sister. :D

I would much rather have been at a camp or something good for my mind. Now I've just seen every major release from the 90s.

Speaking of major releases, has anyone ever seen Doom Generation? That's a fave of mine. I need to find the DVD because I have no idea where that VHS is nor do I own a VCR (an error that needs correcting).

I'm impressed... & you shouldn't be depressed at yourself cuz thats pretty awesome. We had a similar childhood in that respect. I grew up on movies & HBO , no shame. Some of my best memories are hanging with my cousin or friends watching shit no 14yo should ever watch.

Haha. Same, but a lot was alone. I think that's why I'm okay with solidarity. Also, my grandmother's husband worked for a cable company (and subsequently had them as a provider) back when they stuck cards with codes on the boxes to unlock your subscribed channels. Well his buddy hooked him up with a card that unlocked every channel including all of the PPV channels. I watched a lot of Spice when grandma was not home. :)

has anyone ever seen Doom Generation?

Holy shit dude, you're like an alternate reality version of me. I looooooooooooooooove that flick. I fell in love w/ Rose McGowan because of that movie. & the soundtrack is solid (NIN, Skinny Puppy). Have you seen Nowhere or Totally Fucked Up?

Holy shit dude, you're like an alternate reality version of me. I looooooooooooooooove that flick. I fell in love w/ Rose McGowan because of that movie. & the soundtrack is solid (NIN, Skinny Puppy). Have you seen Nowhere or Totally Fucked Up?

Is totally fucked up the the weird one where James Duvall gets attacked by an alien or monster or something?

Side note, I was hooked on Doom Generation when A) Rose was naked a lot B.) that dude ate his own semen (hahahahaha, I still crack up)

Is totally fucked up the the weird one where James Duvall gets attacked by an alien or monster or something?

Side note, I was hooked on Doom Generation when A) Rose was naked a lot B.) that dude ate his own semen (hahahahaha, I still crack up)

Hold on TFU is the suicide one isn't it? I know I've seen all of them. It's been some years though.

BRB: going to smoke in 15degree (F) weather.

That was Nowhere.

& YES. Also when the dudes head is blown off & his severed head starts mumbling & throwing up. & the Brady kid as the newscaster. & the yo-yo masturbation. & the well-deserved castration

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic