That's a really random comparison. If I had to pick one, shit, I don't even know. I don't listen to KISS, but I barely listen to Weezer. I'd say I like Weezer more, but have a lot of respect for KISS.

To put it into perspective, I'd be nervous if I met any KISS member, but could give two fucks less if I ever met anyone in Weezer. I'd probably just be like, "uh, hey dude, how are you?"

kiss has always been a few people here's favorite band and it started because this 12 year old kid came to a show and it was his first show and i was spreading the good word of weezer to the boy when these idiots interrupted and started spewing bs about kiss

AND DUDE YOU WOULDNT BE NERVOUS TO MEET RIVERS

GUYS! I have finally decided on what ring im getting for Candace!

https://m.zales.com/diamond-solitaire-engagement-ring-14k-white-gold/product.jsp?productId=20453816#

Just waiting on my federal taxes to come in and I can pay it off.

That's almost identical to my wife's engagement ring. Congrats man!

AND DUDE YOU WOULDNT BE NERVOUS TO MEET RIVERS

No. I've been nervous meeting like 2 bands/ artists ever. Anytime (I'm not drunk) and meet Coheed people I get shy and quiet (I'm never shy and quiet drunk). Also when I was 16 I had the opportunity to meet the band Cold (who I loved as a teenager) and I was somewhat reserved. Otherwise I never have that "starstruck" effect. My favorite band when I was 14 was (a tie between AFI and) the Used. I met all those guys a bunch and it was kind of like talking to slightly arrogant strangers. I met the Buzzcocks and laughed at them trying to pickup my girlfriend. I was somewhat shy with Tony Moore (comic artist if you don't know), but still chatted and complimented his sketches. I'm sure the list goes on. There are two other people I know I would be shy with and one is dead (Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and Chuck Palahniuk).

No. I've been nervous meeting like 2 bands/ artists ever. Anytime (I'm not drunk) and meet Coheed people I get shy and quiet (I'm never shy and quiet drunk). Also when I was 16 I had the opportunity to meet the band Cold (who I loved as a teenager) and I was somewhat reserved. Otherwise I never have that "starstruck" effect. My favorite band when I was 14 was (a tie between AFI and) the Used. I met all those guys a bunch and it was kind of like talking to slightly arrogant strangers. I met the Buzzcocks and laughed at them trying to pickup my girlfriend. I was somewhat shy with Tony Moore (comic artist if you don't know), but still chatted and complimented his sketches. I'm sure the list goes on. There are two other people I know I would be shy with and one is dead (Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and Chuck Palahniuk).

I still love this album

Cold_-_Cold.jpg

Saw them live having never heard them before. They were HORRIBLE. Decided to give the above a shot anyway & loved it.

I usually dont either but weezer is huge for me 

i havent meet too many super popular artist but iv talked to mike kinsella a handful of times and thats always been super funny

the first time i was suppppppppper nervous though but i was also 14.

thats so tight you've met tony moore!

also my two favorite authors <3 but i feel like they are to alot of people here.

I still love this album

Cold_-_Cold.jpg

Saw them live having never heard them before. They were HORRIBLE. Decided to give the above a shot anyway & loved it.

You know, when I saw them it was long after I still liked them (YOTS album era), but they were really good. I almost fought some dude (who would have beat the shit out of me) because he wouldn't stop chanting "Taproot" who were the headliners. Then he threw his shoe and I started towards him. Luckily for my face one of my friends stopped me. I do love the S/T and 13 Ways albums. Anything after that I don't care much for.

Side story: At this show (it was outside on a hot summer day in ATL), Scooter (the singer) was talking about the inspiration for one of the next songs and how it always rains when they play it (it's about his dead sister and it's called Everytime it Rains or something like that). Well out of fucking nowhere it started raining while they are under 2 minutes into the song. I was shocked. I don't believe in "supernatural" or "spiritual" stuff, and in retrospect I realize that there is a perfectly logical explanation for why it rained that day. It still blew me away.

I usually dont either but weezer is huge for me 

i havent meet too many super popular artist but iv talked to mike kinsella a handful of times and thats always been super funny

the first time i was suppppppppper nervous though but i was also 14.

thats so tight you've met tony moore!

also my two favorite authors <3 but i feel like they are to alot of people here.

I can understand that. Coheed is huge for me.

It's cool that you've been able to chat with him, especially if you are a big fan. I love that interaction.

I met him at NYCC, so it was inevitable. Oddly enough there was ZERO line for his booth. I just walked up with my buddy's Deadpool GN and handed it to him. He's a really nice guy and very approachable. A sidenote on him: he revamped his store and I ordered 2 prints when he did. I was order #00001 and they sent me a free bonus print, some stickers, and a handwritten thank you note. Nice people.

Yeah, I think it's not uncommon for people to like both CP and KV. I still regret never travelling to meet KV. I cried when he died.

nice ring.

i hear Jared could have got you a Jared's discount at Jared's.

Thanks dad

No. I've been nervous meeting like 2 bands/ artists ever. Anytime (I'm not drunk) and meet Coheed people I get shy and quiet (I'm never shy and quiet drunk). Also when I was 16 I had the opportunity to meet the band Cold (who I loved as a teenager) and I was somewhat reserved. Otherwise I never have that "starstruck" effect. My favorite band when I was 14 was (a tie between AFI and) the Used. I met all those guys a bunch and it was kind of like talking to slightly arrogant strangers. I met the Buzzcocks and laughed at them trying to pickup my girlfriend. I was somewhat shy with Tony Moore (comic artist if you don't know), but still chatted and complimented his sketches. I'm sure the list goes on. There are two other people I know I would be shy with and one is dead (Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and Chuck Palahniuk).

I was supposed to meet Coheed at the IKSSE Neverender but my buddy made me late. I'm still pissed about that.

I can understand that. Coheed is huge for me.

It's cool that you've been able to chat with him, especially if you are a big fan. I love that interaction.

I met him at NYCC, so it was inevitable. Oddly enough there was ZERO line for his booth. I just walked up with my buddy's Deadpool GN and handed it to him. He's a really nice guy and very approachable. A sidenote on him: he revamped his store and I ordered 2 prints when he did. I was order #00001 and they sent me a free bonus print, some stickers, and a handwritten thank you note. Nice people.

Yeah, I think it's not uncommon for people to like both CP and KV. I still regret never travelling to meet KV. I cried when he died.

huge fan

by far my favorite song writer owen has helped me through some shit 

he's been hella drunk everytime iv seen him and at first it was disappointing but now its just funny 

he punched a dude in the stomach on stage the last time i saw him preforming as owen

i cant imagine having the chance to meet kv and then not mAN that sucks

You know, when I saw them it was long after I still liked them (YOTS album era), but they were really good. I almost fought some dude (who would have beat the shit out of me) because he wouldn't stop chanting "Taproot" who were the headliners. Then he threw his shoe and I started towards him. Luckily for my face one of my friends stopped me. I do love the S/T and 13 Ways albums. Anything after that I don't care much for.

Side story: At this show (it was outside on a hot summer day in ATL), Scooter (the singer) was talking about the inspiration for one of the next songs and how it always rains when they play it (it's about his dead sister and it's called Everytime it Rains or something like that). Well out of fucking nowhere it started raining while they are under 2 minutes into the song. I was shocked. I don't believe in "supernatural" or "spiritual" stuff, and in retrospect I realize that there is a perfectly logical explanation for why it rained that day. It still blew me away.

It may have just been a shitty venue. The feedback was so bad it was barely listenable. Deftones knocked it out of the park of course.

will thats a really nice ring. i like the classic engagement rings. sooo many of the rings recently are bedazzle upon bedazzle and it just doesnt do it for me personally

Thank you! She likes the simpler stuff. Me personally, I like the bling but hey it's easier on my pocket haha

i met nick from 311 at one of his solo shows and first (and only) thing i told him was "i dont know what to say"  he laughed and we took a picture. im not sure what i'd do if i met the whole band, laugh uncontrollably and cry? They've been in my life since 2nd grade - I remember the day I first heard "down" like it was yesterday, back in '95

when i was working for the red sox, hanging with the players that was pretty crazy. i guess not because of the actual players but the special guests that came through and who i had to photograph. those VIPs.

ive met quite a few bands, the only one i really got nervous about was dimebag. think it was more of a "cant believe this is happening thing", but him and vinnie paul were the nicest/coolest people ever. Corey Taylor was pretty cool. The dudes from avenged sevenfold where douches.

the first time i met jim adkins of jimmy eat world i was at an actual loss for words. i saw him come out of the radio station they were doing promo for and as he's walking over i said quietly to my bf at the time "oh god you're gonna have to talk for me"

i've admired the dude since i was in 6th grade & finally meeting him at age 22 was too much for me to handle lol

ive met quite a few bands, the only one i really got nervous about was dimebag. think it was more of a "cant believe this is happening thing", but him and vinnie paul were the nicest/coolest people ever. Corey Taylor was pretty cool. The dudes from avenged sevenfold where douches.

When I met Avenged Sevenfold they were super cool. This was about 5 years ago though

i met nick from 311 at one of his solo shows and first (and only) thing i told him was "i dont know what to say"  he laughed and we took a picture. im not sure what i'd do if i met the whole band, laugh uncontrollably and cry? They've been in my life since 2nd grade - I remember the day I first heard "down" like it was yesterday, back in '95

when i was working for the red sox, hanging with the players that was pretty crazy. i guess not because of the actual players but the special guests that came through and who i had to photograph. those VIPs.

nick was cool to meet, but SA was better. SA would take some time to talk to us, nick was quickly trying to get everyone which isnt a bad thing though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic