Well no job bitching, but I'm going to email HR today to set up a meeting to ask for a raise. Last months stats were the worst yet. I just need to decided how much to ask for, and the best points to bring up, since call volume alone probably won't be enough.

With how hard you work, especially compared to your other co-workers, I'd say a 10% increase would be fair. Call volume, maybe ratings - if your customers you work with rate that sort of thing - and attendance would all be good points.

As promised, here is the 'brainstorming guide" for that crazy project. She said if we can think it up, it is remotely plausible, and not illegal, we can probably do it.

List all of the things you’ve ever wanted to do, physically, and never been able to.

List all of the things you’ve ever wanted to do, mentally, and never been able to.

Think of some ways you might be able to help your community.

Think of some ways you might be able to help your school.

Think of some hobbies you’ve always wanted to try but never got around to figuring them out or learning more about them.

The real question is what can I do that requires the least efford and yields no actual tangible product.

$30 for a vinyl mixtape sounds like a terrible idea, in my opinion. Rather spend my money on music I know I'll like, or even have more than a vague idea what it will be.

That sounds as bad as or even worse than VNYL. What a fucking joke. Put on spotify if you want a "mixtape". It's not even a tape, so how can they call it a "mixtape". Idiots.

That's completely reasonable.

How are you liking the new place?

I'm digging it a lot. My room is small as fuck but it's working. I moved your old tv stand out to the front room to make room for another 4 cube kallax a few days ago. A TT is coming into my life very soon. Then I will be hounding you to help me find all the post rock vinyl there is.

I'm digging it a lot. My room is small as fuck but it's working. I moved your old tv stand out to the front room to make room for another 4 cube kallax a few days ago. A TT is coming into my life very soon. Then I will be hounding you to help me find all the post rock vinyl there is.

Yes! I'm really stoked for you. And you know I'll help you find it all, just like how this friendship started with me finding you a fuck ton of Caspian. Haha.

I'm just really sick of all this gimmicky shit in the vinyl world, especially as of late. It's like they have to come up with these ideas to distract you from the fact the music sucks or that it isn't even music.

It floods the market, distracts from the music, delays pressings of legitimate albums, and just makes me shake my head.

Stuff like this is why it took me 4 extra months to get the new Clutch album and new Deafheaven album.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic