I always made friends with people at other stores for this reason.

My journeys and zumiez game was STRONG.

I owned way too much Hurley/volcom/Roxy for any person, especially for someone who is completely uncoordinated.

Oh! I can also still tell people how much their outfits costed if they're rocking anything from Pac. It's really sad, actually.

you don't understand how dangerous that 40% journeys discount was.

and if it wasn't clear already, i'm a wicked mall whore.

hollister

american eagle

journeys

pac sun

american eagle at a different mall

pac sun for a day

the gap

and now i'm getting a part time gig at sunglass hut.

i swear i don't want to do retail forever.

she actually really enjoyed the journeys job, as far as part-time summer jobs go. said it was super laid back, tiny store, good discount.

my best friend FINALLY after 10 years of retail and 5+ years of retail management broke the cycle and got a 9-5 office job. the best part was that they matched her salary and now she gets weekends and evenings with her kid.

i've broken the cycle a couple of times, but upon losing those jobs pretty much defaulted back to retail.

journeys was a lot of fun. hollister was the best though. not because of the company or anything, but because our staff was fucking awwwwwwesome. we always had insane parties, knew how to just have a great time while at work, and i'm still very close with people that i worked with a decade ago.

Hollister is super strict, from what I've heard but that sounds a lot like my PacSun family. Everyone still goes out to bars together, one of my best friends was actually my old manager. A lot of people actually ended up being roommates or dating. Definitely the closest bond I've ever had with coworkers. I'm actually 95% sure my one manager is still listed as my dad on Facebook.

i've broken the cycle a couple of times, but upon losing those jobs pretty much defaulted back to retail.

journeys was a lot of fun. hollister was the best though. not because of the company or anything, but because our staff was fucking awwwwwwesome. we always had insane parties, knew how to just have a great time while at work, and i'm still very close with people that i worked with a decade ago.

the people you work with make all the difference, especially in a retail setting.

one of my assistant manager at pacsun ruled and pretty much knew what associates he could trust, and let us do our thing. the store manager was pretty awful and tried to micromanage us all and boss us around, so that sucked.

oddly enough, a couple years ago that awful manager friended me on facebook and it said he was an alpaca farmer? but then i saw him working at target a couple months later and he tried to say hi to me. so that was weird.

We also used to play the floor is lava and definitely busted a folding cart.

Speaking of trust worthy associates...I'll never forget, we had a substitute manager in from another store and NOBODY trusted him. So they constantly scheduled me with him to be an undercover spy. I busted him for stealing sunglasses and headphones.

#supersluethlogan

oh, there was a whole lotta dating involved at hco. managers and associates. associates breaking up with associates and dating other associates. shit, i dated one of my coworkers for 5 friggin years. 

you don't understand how dangerous that 40% journeys discount was.

and if it wasn't clear already, i'm a wicked mall whore.

hollister

american eagle

journeys

pac sun

american eagle at a different mall

pac sun for a day

the gap

and now i'm getting a part time gig at sunglass hut.

i swear i don't want to do retail forever.

I used to work at Lids and it was BRUTAL. Terribly underpaid and had to peddle overpriced embroidery on fitted hats all day. Longest two years of my life. The cross discount at journeys was cool though

Edit: I've definetly been around when I comes to retail as well

Levi's

Ralph Lauren

Lucky Brand Jeans (twice)

Lids/Hatshack

GameStop

Carmax

Kohl's

Walmart

And now Saks.

I'm planning in being here awhile unless something amazing comes up

I always said that if music doesn't work out, I'll go back into retail management. Though, more recently I've decided that I want to run Taco Bell's twitter.

Come graduation, I was potentially offered a position as a social media manager WITH the ability to go out on tour as well. Which would mean I would earn a salary plus touring compensation. So we'll see if that leads anywhere. It wouldn't require me to relocate but if I wanted to move, I could go wherever I want.

Working in retail is what drove me to go back to school. Don't get me wrong, I liked most of the jobs, but there was only so much money I could make without becoming a manager. It was also bad for my bank account, especially when I worked at Guitar Center...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic