Guest stl_ben.

There are several threads that exist for GIF posting. Use one of those. Problem solved. Some (most) people don't think they are funny, so, as a whole, the board shouldn't have to suffer.

I don't think if the .gif is a legitimate response to what is being asked/said it should be a problem.

There are several threads that exist for GIF posting. Use one of those. Problem solved. Some (most) people don't think they are funny, so, as a whole, the board shouldn't have to suffer.

i don't mind gif posting, i just wasn't a fan of the TYPING IN ALL CAPS SAYING RIDICULOUS THINGS OVER AND OVER AND POSTING GIANT PHOTOS OF WRESTLERSSSSSSSSSSS JUST TALKING BACK AND FORTH WITH ANOTHER PERSON PRETENDING TO BE A WRESTLERRRRRRR.

i don't mind gif posting, i just wasn't a fan of the TYPING IN ALL CAPS SAYING RIDICULOUS THINGS OVER AND OVER AND POSTING GIANT PHOTOS OF WRESTLERSSSSSSSSSSS JUST TALKING BACK AND FORTH WITH ANOTHER PERSON PRETENDING TO BE A WRESTLERRRRRRR.

One or two can be funny. It turned into pages and pages. I guess I'm old and jaded, but that's not why I come here. If I wanna see clever photos or GIFs I'll hop on reddit.

I don't think if the .gif is a legitimate response to what is being asked/said it should be a problem.

this.

and yeah, there should definitely be a warning before being banned for any length of time. unless it's one of those weird ass neo-nazi dudes again. actually, even that guy has vc rights.

Guest stl_ben.

Understandably so, that's been done with since about mid-day yesterday (from what I gather, being a brand new user and all.) I guess the main thing I question is the lack of warning, and a month seems like a pretty severe ban. Take from this what you will.

Guest stl_ben.

One or two can be funny. It turned into pages and pages. I guess I'm old and jaded, but that's not why I come here. If I wanna see clever photos or GIFs I'll hop on reddit.

I think those threads should have been locked long before any of that happened anyway, there was no relevant information being shared at the point this whole thing happened. I don't see how it's any different than someone posting the same thing over and over to get a thread locked. 

yeah, but are gifs better or worse than the technically on topic pages and pages of assinine posts from people along the lines of 'did you get shipping confirmation?' 'not yet! did you?! i ordered 30 minutes ago and NOTHING YET WHERE IS MY VINYL?!?'

i agree that just random repeated gif postings unrelated to anything can get annoying, but (obviously) i think that they are legitimate responses to peoples posts.

1 cat gif is worth 1000 words.

I think those threads should have been locked long before any of that happened anyway, there was no relevant information being shared at the point this whole thing happened. I don't see how it's any different than someone posting the same thing over and over to get a thread locked. 

I agree that people who post GIF after GIF on a thread that is not a GIF or related thread, should be warned not to.

Guest stl_ben.

Who banned "him"?

No idea, how would he find out? I hear his browser just says:

" [#1001] Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on 18, June 2014 - 01:19 PM."

Or something. I've heard.

yeah, but are gifs better or worse than the technically on topic pages and pages of assinine posts from people along the lines of 'did you get shipping confirmation?' 'not yet! did you?! i ordered 30 minutes ago and NOTHING YET WHERE IS MY VINYL?!?'

i agree that just random repeated gif postings unrelated to anything can get annoying, but (obviously) i think that they are legitimate responses to peoples posts.

1 cat gif is worth 1000 words.

I get irritated by that too, but it's at least on topic. I don't see them in the same light.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic