I'm really considering it. The plan was for them to transfer me into the IT department in England whenever I graduate next year. I'm just trying to hold on until then without quitting. I would go to the IT department here but the closest one is about 5 hours away

They also pay for my school so I don't want to lose that but I hate this job. I absolutely hate it.

If they are paying for your school, then I would try to tough it out until you graduate. Stressful work environments suck, but if they pay for school and gave you a guaranteed transfer to England working with IT, then I would stay.

I'm really considering it. The plan was for them to transfer me into the IT department in England whenever I graduate next year. I'm just trying to hold on until then without quitting. I would go to the IT department here but the closest one is about 5 hours away

They also pay for my school so I don't want to lose that but I hate this job. I absolutely hate it.

I understand... those are some plush benefits to staying though. I understand your hesitation.

If they are paying for your school, then I would try to tough it out until you graduate. Stressful work environments suck, but if they pay for school and gave you a guaranteed transfer to England working with IT, then I would stay.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Paid school & a guaranteed (presumably better) job is a major benefit.

Whew. I think the talk went well. I kept as calm as I could be he could see I was very upset. He's going to get my papers ready for a transfer and it might take a few weeks. At least there is a way out!!

My profession is a chip vendor. You wouldn't think it would be a stressful job but it is horrible. I'm going to to transfer to the warehouse where it's hot but anything is better than what I have. I could bore everyone with the details but i won't.

I have one year until I graduate and I can move!

I would hold off until your graduate. That's one less bill to pay for

Whew. I think the talk went well. I kept as calm as I could be he could see I was very upset. He's going to get my papers ready for a transfer and it might take a few weeks. At least there is a way out!!

My profession is a chip vendor. You wouldn't think it would be a stressful job but it is horrible. I'm going to to transfer to the warehouse where it's hot but anything is better than what I have. I could bore everyone with the details but i won't.

Congrats on the transfer.  Hopefully it is less stressful for you.

Congrats

I'm really considering it. The plan was for them to transfer me into the IT department in England whenever I graduate next year. 

Be very careful about this decision. We have no Taco Bell here. As far as I'm concerned, that's a violation of my basic human rights.

I need out of this damn fool country. Sounds like we should swap. Wanna try running into each other like in Freaky Friday? 

Be very careful about this decision. We have no Taco Bell here. As far as I'm concerned, that's a violation of my basic human rights.

I need out of this damn fool country. Sounds like we should swap. Wanna try running into each other like in Freaky Friday?

When you come to the states, bring me a classic Mini.

A friend of mine lived over there for a few years and he complained about no Taco Bell quite a bit.

lol. Potato. I wish it was computer.

Grass is always greener...I work for the chip manufacturer, and it is hella stressful, despite the great pay/benefits and rad science/engineering behind what we do.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic