Fire em, son. Wait for them to slip up enough to justify it.

Noarmpotsandpans, Rick and Morty is golden but Community means more to me. I'm re watching season 4 for the next couple days.

I bet if I were currently doing a community rewatch I might say the same thing. So many brilliant episodes. 

Fire them?

That's what I'm thinking. I think I just care too much. Here's the whole situation.

I helped a friend out with a job earlier this year because he needed extra money. It's now becoming an issue because of calling out, being habitually late and causing scheduling conflicts. When I called him out on it, he gave me excuses, when I dismissed those excuses with facts, he got defensive, saying that there's nothing he can do about it.

He said he didn't get the schedule for this week when I emailed it out on 11/6 but the email clearly had his email on it. He has a competition out of state this Saturday, and is now calling out because he can't find anyone to cover it. I asked why didn't he request it off and he said he did. I checked the request sheet and it was submitted on 11/14, a week after the schedule was posted. Furthermore, we have a policy of requests must be in at least a month before. So now I'm a man down in Men's on a Saturday the week before Black Friday.

On a personal level he's been airing his frustrations about me to other people. Saying that why I am trying to be a leader of our group, and why do I think I'm better than everyone else, when HE's the one still living at home with mom at 34, working a dead end cheer leading job. I gave him an opportunity to make more bread and it feels as if he's spitting in my face.

Even now I'm trying to get clarification on the situation because if i write him up like I should, he would be gone because the latenesses are that habitual. I'm just stuck. We've been friends for 7 years but I feel like he's dragging me down.

That's what I'm thinking. I think I just care too much. Here's the whole situation.

I helped a friend out with a job earlier this year because he needed extra money. It's now becoming an issue because of calling out, being habitually late and causing scheduling conflicts. When I called him out on it, he gave me excuses, when I dismissed those excuses with facts, he got defensive, saying that there's nothing he can do about it.

He said he didn't get the schedule for this week when I emailed it out on 11/6 but the email clearly had his email on it. He has a competition out of state this Saturday, and is now calling out because he can't find anyone to cover it. I asked why didn't he request it off and he said he did. I checked the request sheet and it was submitted on 11/14, a week after the schedule was posted. Furthermore, we have a policy of requests must be in at least a month before. So now I'm a man down in Men's on a Saturday the week before Black Friday.

On a personal level he's been airing his frustrations about me to other people. Saying that why I am trying to be a leader of our group, and why do I think I'm better than everyone else, when HE's the one still living at home with mom at 34, working a dead end cheer leading job. I gave him an opportunity to make more bread and it feels as if he's spitting in my face.

Even now I'm trying to get clarification on the situation because if i write him up like I should, he would be gone because the latenesses are that habitual. I'm just stuck. We've been friends for 7 years but I feel like he's dragging me down.

Oh hell

That's not cool at all. Im sorry that's happening but you did him a huge favor and he's taking advantage of that and that's bullshit

Oh hell

That's not cool at all. Im sorry that's happening but you did him a huge favor and he's taking

advantage of that and that's bullshit

It's pissing me off because I have busted my ass working my way up and I don't want to jeopardize that but I feel bad personally.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic