Portlandia (Season 3)

Starts Friday, eh?  Can't wait!  Very much enjoyed the first two seasons.  Just a couple days ago the gf and I booked tickets to fly out to Seattle in March.  We're going to take the train up to Vancouver for a few days and then take a train down south to Portland.  I've never been to any of those cities before nor have I ever taken a train so I'm pretty pumped to see the sights!  Hopefully this show will have me adequately familiar with the city and its inhabitants so I'm not so taken aback by it when I get there.  From what I understand it's a world of its own.

While I'm at it... does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do in Portland?  I'm currently studying up on their brewpubs, restaurants and the usual touristy stuff but could sure use some other suggestions.

Looking forward to it. Watched a bunch of episodes yesterday for the marathon. I do think some of the characters are over the top/not funny, but the majority are pretty great.

The feminist book store owners need to go away.

I think of this show as quirky and entertaining, but it's not really THAT funny. I do like it, though.

I think of this show as quirky and entertaining, but it's not really THAT funny. I do like it, though.

Yeah exactly - they were funny in the sketch with Steve Buschemi (I think that was the first one, maybe?). But they keep beating us over the head with them and it's just the same thing over and over.

They already aired episode 1 andandandandandandandandand Jack White made an appearance

That was a Christmas special of sorts, but I suppose technically part of the season. Either way, the "real" season premier is this Friday.

If anybody missed that episode, it's a free download on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/portlandia-season-3/id580870170

While I'm at it... does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do in Portland?  I'm currently studying up on their brewpubs, restaurants and the usual touristy stuff but could sure use some other suggestions.

61pzoTm0JqL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Portlandia-Guide-Visitors-Fred-Armisen/dp/1455520586/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357158356&sr=1-1&keywords=portlandia

They are exploiting Portland and it is fucked. I can't stand that shit. Everything is sooo quirky and twee here.

Already bought it but thanks anyway.  It's more of an extension of the show itself as opposed to a "real" guide to Portland unfortunately.

Pretty sure she likes the pole and the hole.

this. she's admitted it in interviews. shes bicycle sexual or whatever you call that shit.

also this new season isn't really that funny to me, and i loved the first one and kinda loved the second.

i feel like they're just milking the jokes dry.

i could be wrong, but i'm probably not.