No Use for a Name - Hard Rock Bottom Pressing details

I'm trying to find the pressing details for hard rock bottom by no use for a name. I have a grey splatter copy and I can't find much info about it. Fat wreck lists 219 pink copies. dead format lists 4 known grey splatter copies. Discogs says a 'handful' exist. Does anyone have details on this? Why would anyone press 4 copies of a color?

All I've seen mentioned so far is that it was a mistake and that no one really knows why they exist. The amounts listed are probably just asumptions made from how many have poped up for sale. I think I still have it listed as "4 known copies" on my list, that's just what I heard about it when I got it.

Guest mastenator

I'm trying to find the pressing details for hard rock bottom by no use for a name. I have a grey splatter copy and I can't find much info about it. Fat wreck lists 219 pink copies. dead format lists 4 known grey splatter copies. Discogs says a 'handful' exist. Does anyone have details on this? Why would anyone press 4 copies of a color?

I can't wait to win this from you on eBay!

Woah! I've got one of those. Got it new on sale in a store in Wilkes Barre for $7. I thought it was really strange that a colored copy of a Fat release ended up in a store. Actually if I remember right, I think they might have had two. So I don't know how few there really are, but I definitely never thought that would be a $500 record. Jeez...