Flaming Lips- Zaireeka RSD

i am really not a fan of the flaming lips, but my girlfriend loves them. i really think ill be picking this up for both her and i.

i just hope its not super expensive, otherwise itll just be her that gets a copy. haha

i wonder if itll be as widely available as the last RSD release.

That's defeating the purpose. 

And also, the four discs aren't supposed to sync up perfectly. They were made not to. It's kinda the point.

Agree to disagree. And I wasn't necessarily trying to say that syncing them up perfectly is how the lips intended for it to be, but it seems that it was the goal for them. However, realizing that a perfect sync in playing 4 CD players would be very difficult they found that it sounded even more interesting when it was slightly off and it also allows people to get creative in how they play it.

I was just trying to state that I personally would like to hear it on vinyl as a perfect sync just because I think that would be cool. I'm not sure where you got your info on what "the point" of Zaireeka is or that it was made to not be perfectly synced, but from my experience and admittedly limited knowledge of it, it seemed as though a perfect sync was the ideal goal, at least to begin with, but allowing for variation is a plus that they realized later and something that the flaming lips clearly supports since they are such an abstract band.

God, I can't fucking stand Wayne Coyne. Him, Jack White and Johnny Depp need to go have a three way together then drive off a cliff.

Oh, and A+ to veggiecore for calling Wayne out.

Appreciate it! It's Veggie Co. Records though haha! I wasn't going to correct him, but then I was like fuck it..It has to be said haha.

Oh duh haha. Wasn't paying attention! I don't know what I was thinking. I sort of was thinking of a vegan hardcore genre called vegan core or something of the like.

I think Wayne is an interesting dude. Infinitely more interesting than Jack White. If this isn't a ton of money I'll pick it up fer sure.

I just get tired of him and his teenage shenanigans. He reminds me of the kids in highschool who contently go around letting everyone know  how cool they are because they do acid and other drugs. I do enjoy some of the Flaming Lips stuff though and would buy this for the novelty if it was the right price.

Comparison between him and Jack White was that they are both trying to be the next Willy Wonka. I kind of just threw Johnny Depp in there because he is kind of strange and played Willy Wonka.

• 1 year later...

Because it's impractical for anyone to purchase. It's like 95% of all nostalgia purchases. You'll buy it just to say you have it, but you'll never listen to it. Similar to how nobody wants to listen to 1/4 of a record in 4 separate sessions, no one wants to listen to "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" when they're a grownass man.

at that price, i'll buy it just to complete my collection. there's still a few at vintage vinyl in saint louis that have been sitting there since RSD, and they've dropped the price to $45, and it's stayed at that.

i can only imagine prices are this low because it is literally unplayable in it's proper form.

at that price, i'll buy it just to complete my collection. there's still a few at vintage vinyl in saint louis that have been sitting there since RSD, and they've dropped the price to $45, and it's stayed at that.

i can only imagine prices are this low because it is literally unplayable in it's proper form.

Silver platters was selling them for 17$ in December

• 1 month later...