Underoath Farewell Tour (w/As Cities Burn, mewithoutYou, letlive)

They're kinda from Tampa...so is he...

Yeah so? He couldve did the tour. Instead he turned it down. They offered it to him and it shut it down. I wouldnt be as pissed if he didnt do a tour with the Almost instead of the UO tour if he didnt play the Tampa show. Like I understand why he did, but I still think its bullshit he didnt do the whole tour when he knew how bad people wanted to see that.

Yeah so? He couldve did the tour. Instead he turned it down. They offered it to him and it shut it down. I wouldnt be as pissed if he didnt do a tour with the Almost instead of the UO tour if he didnt play the Tampa show. Like I understand why he did, but I still think its bullshit he didnt do the whole tour when he knew how bad people wanted to see that.

how did you not assume that was what was going to happen. he was busy with the almost and they have a drummer. it's not like he played the whole show.

how did you not assume that was what was going to happen. he was busy with the almost and they have a drummer. it's not like he played the whole show.

Because its a farewell tour. Thats why. Aaron was Underoath in a lot of peoples minds. Hence why once he left, a ton of fans left. I personally never saw them without Aaron until the farewell tour. Thats not saying I thought he was Underoath, but I just didnt seem to care once he left. 

Because its a farewell tour. Thats why. Aaron was Underoath in a lot of peoples minds. Hence why once he left, a ton of fans left. I personally never saw them without Aaron until the farewell tour. Thats not saying I thought he was Underoath, but I just didnt seem to care once he left. 

okay. but he did leave. 

So yeah, the show was amazing.

And I am glad the rumor about Aaron being at there was true(knew about it for a few months didn't want to be that guy, if it wasn't true).

Underoath has shaped my musical influences to much and really sad to see them part ways, but I understand why they have to do so.

And to be relevant to the thread I got the VIP stuff haha.

The question everybody asked when they found out about the farewell tour wasnt "will you comeback one day?" no. It was "Will Aaron be back?!"

it was actually kind of sad tonight hearing how many times people were chanting "Aaron." he only came out once for two songs. It's just, Underoath is so much more than just him. He is amazing and was the longest standing member, but the band continued on without him. It was really great to see him though, and I was sweet to see him playas a second drummer for a song and then take over main drums for another.

The last show was phenomenal, emotional, and unforgettable. I as very close to the front for most of their set but decided to take a step back and view from afar for their last few songs and it was amazing to see the band and their fans and see how many lives they have touched. I am so happy I came out for the show, it was well worth the money to fly out from LA and be at their last show.

Did Aaron sing, too? I would've assumed so. Which two songs did he do with them? Underoath was such a huge part of my musical life for a really long time. As They're Only Chasing Safety came out, I was just getting into them and the whole post-hardcore/hardcore/whatever you people call it. I was also twelve. I listened to that album multiple times a day for months, and kept listening after that. I got to the random little Christian Book Store in my city, the only place Define the Great Line was being sold, an hour before anything opened. We were also the only ones there. So. Haha. They were fairly popular around here but not so much that everyone knew them. I listened to that album so many times. I finally got to see them and meet most of the guys at the last Cornerstone FL in '07 (I think? Maybe '08). By the time Lost in the Sound came out, I was really the only one of my friends who still dug them, and I loved that album, too, but nothing was ever the same as They're Only Chasing Safety for me. I have so many memories tied to listening to that album on repeat with my cousins and jamming out. I tried listening to Disambiguation, I really did. I couldn't do it. It wasn't the same. I knew Aaron was leaving for a long time. Everyone did. But I was still sad, even though I hadn't been into them as much. I know everyone says that Aaron wasn't everything to that band, and they're right, but for me, he brought something they didn't have after he left, and you could tell his passion was less as time went on in Define and Lost in the Sound.

I know no one cares about all that. But I felt the need to say it. Idk why. I guess just the fact that I missed the last show makes me sad now. I just couldn't go.

And then there was my run-in with Aaron here in my town. That was the most awkward thing I've ever experienced in my life, but at the same time the most awesome thing. I was tricked.

As much as I would have loved to see Aaron, Spencer made this band in my opinion. I think they ended it perfectly by acknowledging Aaron as a huge part of the bands history, but keeping in mind he was not there till the end.

I also think Aaron playing songs from Disambiguation would have felt wrong. Where would he sing? Spencer kills it on that album.