PO: Circle Takes The Square - Decompositions Volume 1

By all means, it's your money. I'm not a fan of the band, so the whole price gouging doesn't phase my wallet, personally. I ain't even mad, or whatever. But I will say that there are instances where price-tags are simply too ridiculous, and you've got to put your foot down. (I feel as if I've recently been making that decision more and more.) That seems to be the general concensus from everyone posting in this thread, though I have zero doubt this pressing will sell out.

Charging $30 for records pressed at United is pretty absurd. I just did a quick quote and chose all the bells and whistles and it was still less than $10 per record, and I don't think silver foil and a 16-page booklet doubles the per-unit cost.

I'm gonna laugh hard when this sells out and people start bitching about it going for $50+ on ebay.

How the fuck is this $40 after doing a Kickstarter?

Hello everyone!  My name is David and I play guitar in CTTS.  I've been a lurker here and decided to sign up for an account after reading some of the posts in this thread.  

First off the 2xLP is $30.  The packaging is really nice along with a 12 page color insert w/ metallic ink, 150g colored vinyl and 180g black vinyl.  The shipping I believe is around $8 in the US but it's priority shipping w/ tracking.

The kickstarter campaign was to fund the recording process!  Not to press the record.  Between traveling and studio time (we live in 4 different states and 2 different countries), we all had to spend our own money in addition to what money was raised to pay for recording/mixing/mastering bus/plane tickets & gas.  

Hope that clears up some of the misconceptions!  - David

Told you it was a little pricey but worth it in the original post :) glad we got someone in here to confirm this. I'm still stoked and still glad I don't collect the variants for my wallets sake haha. Everyone seems to forget circa had the same pricing.

Thanks for supporting our band!  We are having to limit quantities so people are not buying 3 extra copies to sell on e(vil)Bay ... 

I believe neurosis is charging $35 + shipping/handling for their new 2xLP.  Check out hydra head and see what some of their 2xLPs go for!

Most record labels can afford to press 5000+ units per release, but we could only afford to press 1000.  When pressing records, the more you buy the cheaper they are per unit, so their 'profit margin' per release is much bigger than ours.  

There are also a lot of additional costs that go into getting a record made after it's been recorded.  They all add up ...

What up David, it's Smale! I missed out on the lunar variant. Bummed. Hope all is well.

Mark?  If it is, congrats on the new job!  Me and the wife will be moving back to VA from Dallas on Valentines day.  We should hang!  Haven't seen you since the Kylesa show at the Black Cat, right?  - David (If this isn't mark, that was TMI!)