Christian Metalcore.

jhook

writing things down doesn't make them true. 

there is no scientific evidence of his existence at all.

just conflicting documents written by other people.

also, it's not difficult at all to prove the existence of specific people at that time.

especially if they held a level of fame like jesus did.

you think there'd be SOMETHING by now.

You have criteria listed for Jesus that you don't demand out of, say, Julius Caesar. Was Julius Caesar real? There's no scientific evidence (which doesn't mean what you are intending it to mean) to prove Julius existed, yet you trust that. His name is written in other writings, archeology, early documents, etc. Do you not believe Jesus was a real person because there's not a lot written about him? Jesus has the same recordings, albeit not as many, as Caesar. Look into Socrates. All of Socrates writings are an attribution to him written by Plato, nothing exists in his own pen like Jesus. Even Bill and Ted knew Socrates was real. 

Not only did Josephus mention him (again, a Jew who didn't accept his divinity) but Tacitus was a historian that wrote about his life (who was a Roman pagan, clearly no agenda) and Pliny the younger (again, Roman lawyer, didn't believe).

Tacitus on Christ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

Pliny the Younger on Christians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliny_the_Younger_on_Christians

Again, we're not debating the question of his divinity but his reality as a human. You say there's no evidence but I've presented plenty of reason to trust that there's historical record of his life.

A few years back I was in a band with a few pretty religious dudes. I didn't really have any stance whatsoever on religion, and the other dudes that did were very respectful of that.

Though we were a total Jimmy Eat World ripoff band, we consistently ended up being billed with Christian hardcore bands, most of them being of the Solid State variety.

Most of the dudes were really nice guys and i ended up becoming really good friends with a bunch of them. They never once pulled their religious agenda out on me, nor did I to them.

The thing about extremely outspoken Christian bands is the same with any band outspoken on any subject, it just gets old. Whether it be religion, politics, satan, whatever; stop ranting and go outside your comfort zone and write one song about something else.

• 2 weeks later...