Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : The Movie

This is the prototype April figure. The finished version has the colored brunette hair and flesh colors applied to the skin with a slightly darker blue on the jumpsuit.

21533_251002019452_1945070_n.jpg

the below configuration is over three years old at this point and has since been significantly altered (the college style milk crate closet is also long gone, hahah)

21533_241045099452_7588582_n.jpg

thats fucking awesome. so that crazy alien tmnt movie is never coming out? i used to love tmnt but i think they need to quit revamping the series. I watched the new cartoon once and was like wtf. But that animated movie that came out a couple years ago was alright. And I think I like secret of the ooze better, i mean its got vanilla ice.. I wonder if there was ever a vinyl soundtrack for any of them? That would be cool to have

thats fucking awesome. so that crazy alien tmnt movie is never coming out? i used to love tmnt but i think they need to quit revamping the series. I watched the new cartoon once and was like wtf. But that animated movie that came out a couple years ago was alright. And I think I like secret of the ooze better, i mean its got vanilla ice.. I wonder if there was ever a vinyl soundtrack for any of them? That would be cool to have

You can get the soundtrack for the first film for dirt cheap - http://www.discogs.c...78&format=Vinyl

The soundtrack to Ooze is a bit pricey, but it's there (mainly from Europe). No clue if the third is on vinyl. No care, either. hahah.

Also, Sean. :ph34r:

Ya'll remember the short lived series from the late 90's that was on Fox Kids, that only lasted for one season? There was a fifth turtle (a girl with a sky blue bandanna named Venus De Milo) and a Power Rangers cross over. Oof.

I tried watching it last night on youtube and holy crap, it is what I imagine a terrible acid trip being like.

Unless there was something in the last week I missed, it looks like the alien turtles are starting to film in April.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98822

Well this is a bummer. I like his quote, though. It's like he knows the backlash is there and that a large part of the TMNT's fandom wants him nowhere near the film, and he's responding to that more than anything else. I'm a sucker. I'll still see it. It'll be the only Michael Bay film I pay to see.

I was going to mention that I found the soundtrack on vinyl, but I wanted to snag one for myself as cheaply as possible before anybody else did. Haha.

I doubt I'd even listen to it even once. I'm definitely not into new jack swing, even for nostalgia purposes. Maybe for irony though - I do play Montell Jordan for my friends on their birthdays.

I think I have a copy of Ooze on cassette. Either here or at my parents place somewhere.

saw one at the thrift store for 50 cents today.

made me think of this thread.

edit: i also bought my kids about 5 animated tmnt tapes at the same thrift store, also for 50 cents each.

there's even one where they meet the easter bunny.

edit 2: turns out one of them had a pokemon tape inside it, oh well.

I bought the 3-pack of blurays on Black Friday. It brought me back to my childhood. Wish I still had my original movie poster. It's just one of those things where I see a picture of it, and I remember exactly where it was in my childhood home.

dude I had a couple really awesome posters that I really appreciated having (thanks mom).  kept em hanging up in my room forever.  no clue what happened to them though.

I know I had at least these ones:

51JdpogRfcL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

6153856542_f4054e33f6.jpg

tmnt90.jpg

Same! Jared and I ordered a pizza and watched the first and second back to back. First one is miles ahead. With the second, I just couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was. Take the Super Shreddar thing, for example - so I get that the mutagen pumped HIM up, but how'd it manage to expand his armor and suit, too?! Hahah

Also, Shreddar's helmet in Ooze looks like scales out of a Gustav Klimt painting.

As for which April; definitely the first. She had that trashy Williamsburg hipster thing going twenty years ahead of its time. Paige Turco as April is bland, clean, and yuppie like. The first April doesn't seem to mind four smelly turtles stinking up the place while the second can't seem to stand them for another second.

First one being tougher is definitely a plus. I just thought the second was prettier. Neither of them are really that great to me. Haha.

Ooze recycles too many jokes, and Toka and Razar are just too silly. The first one is more grimy. Always a plus.

Also no Casey Jones = deal breaker.

The big question...do I dare watch 3 tomorrow? Haha

I'm practically in love with the first one, hahah.

We were just discussing this as well. I might stop by Reckless and grab a used copy of the third one, tomorrow. If nothing else, atleast it has Casey in it. Definitely watching the cgi one this week as well as some episodes from the '87 series.