WEIRRRDDDD pay pal situation..its good, I guess?

Have you tried sending money to anyone lately?  If you did, and after x amount of time they never claimed it, the money goes back into your account and paypal doesnt notify you.

looking in to that like right now.... no transactions for that amount in the last 2 months.

BOOM! figured it out.

so on January 28th I ordered the FOB record, and the Fairweather LP for 54 and some change.... I received both records...

well paypal just told me that HT marked that order as never being filled so i got a refund and it just never showed up as one on my acount...

thanks for the free records hot topic.

Well you already solved it... but this kind of happened to me once because I had the Paypal card, cashed in my rewards for cash back, forgot about it, then a few days later had $200 in my account.

thats awesome.... in all honesty im worried the HT will take out the money again....

is that possible?

If it's happening to multiple people, I bet HT will do what they can to get it back.

i talked to the dude at paypal.... i told him i got the records and asked if there was anyway they could take the money back out... he said no.

which makes sense. because once the money is returned, or not claimed or whatever. it doesnt seem possible to be like "oh, damn let me get that back" without processing another transaction.  but then again, I don't know the ins and outs of the paypal and retailer relationship. 

hot topic vs fall out boy fans. 

Excited to see where this goes.

why must we make fun of other peoples choices in music? im not exactly sure what you mean by this but if it means what I think it means...

I could care less if they take the money back, I paid for the records so they should get my money. Am i going to GIVE it back..no, if they take it back am i going to care...no. 

if it means the second thing i think it means.

i dont care if people dont like my taste in music, its my choice to listen to it. they dont have to.

but more importantly, as of right now i have and extra $54...

Hey, no shame, I really like TTTYG.

I'm just saying, anyone who thinks they're going to end up with a free record, is wrong. 

all signs point to im keeping the money...this coming from paypal.

considering i paid on the 28th and it just got returned there isnt much they (hot topic) can do about it.  they cant charge me again for a transaction that technically never occurred. the dude said the reason it got refunded is because HT themselves said the order was never filled. and (for whatever reason) if they do try to charge me again, they guy said that there is a note on my account that will not let the transaction go though. I kept saying I did receive the records, and his stance was " well, thats their fault"

just saying that it all sounds like i got some free records.

it’s kind of like a david and goliath situation. I mean, I want you all to have a free record as much as the next guy. But it's not right, and from what I’ve seen this has happened to several people on this board alone, which means it isn’t an isolated incident. I just see hot topic coming out on top. Who knows though.