25% off everything at HotTopic.com (+ an additional 15% off code)

still wondering why HRVRD, TITR, and Sleeping On Trash aren't showing up for me. still the same as it was two weeks ago.

Just got an oos email for hrvrd and Texas is the reason. I think someone jumped the gun with both because of the sale... I ordered on the first day and I KNOW they didn't Sell out that quick. The kicker is I paid full price for both of them.

Just got an oos email for hrvrd and Texas is the reason. I think someone jumped the gun with both because of the sale... I ordered on the first day and I KNOW they didn't Sell out that quick. The kicker is I paid full price for both of them.

makes sense. should probably be up tomorrow, then.

Really? I love Anarchy, My Dear.

Me too. Its not their best but I like the change of pace and the lightheartedness of it. Also I think it has some of their best musicianship. The album got a lot of flac though and a lot of people dislike it. It is not without flaws but pretty solid (espeically at the end -> the last 2 songs are some of their best)

Guest johneedeformed

The sale can be applied to anything. The extra 15% off is only for HT+1 customers who spend enough money and EARNED points to spend it on...

I'm all for helping each other out and all, but didn't anyone ever think that perhaps sharing personal coupons is part of what ruined Hot Topic promotions to begin with? Clearly, Hot Topic dug it's own grave by handling the Hot Cash promotion so poorly. Some of us actually spent good money to earn our Hot Cash coupons to begin with. These coupons stated written on them that only one coupon could be used and we had to have an original receipt as well. At least this is what they claimed...

the reality is they never limited anyone in this manner. So guys come on here and post their coupons, which is awesome for those who didn't earn it. You got to save nearly 50% on your records. Meanwhile the ones who actually bought merchandise at full price in order to earn those coupons got dicked over not only by spending money that they didn't have to spend, but by also having a lot of records we are interested in dissapear because of people like LazyLabradorRecords who order 50+ copies of the same items...

Ultimately, the blame SHOULD be placed with Hot Topic for allowing customers to use coupons that were not earned. Some of those who have complained about the latest Hot Cash debacle were told that Hot Topic has removed vinyl from the website during certain promotions to prevent people from hoarding up entire inventories and ruining it for the true fan. However, I find this difficult to believe when customers are ALLOWED to order ridiculous amounts of the same vinyl.

Hot Topic doesn't give a crap about the "true fan" otherwise they would limit purchases to 1 or 2 per customer. Obviously this won't stop people who are going to make a purchase of 2 and then return and buy 2 more but this can actually be an effective method if properly enforced. Maybe you can't stop someone from going in the store and buying 2 and then coming back for 2 more, but this can prevent people from ordering 25+ copies of one vinyl as soon as it shows up online. Then again, I doubt Hot Topic cares about customers who buy 25+ copies of one item as long as they are paying closer to full price... add a Hot Cash or 25%-50% off coupon and suddenly it's "We have to save the true fans!"

I don't buy it.

The sale can be applied to anything. The extra 15% off is only for HT+1 customers who spend enough money and EARNED points to spend it on...

I'm all for helping each other out and all, but didn't anyone ever think that perhaps sharing personal coupons is part of what ruined Hot Topic promotions to begin with? Clearly, Hot Topic dug it's own grave by handling the Hot Cash promotion so poorly. Some of us actually spent good money to earn our Hot Cash coupons to begin with. These coupons stated written on them that only one coupon could be used and we had to have an original receipt as well. At least this is what they claimed...

the reality is they never limited anyone in this manner. So guys come on here and post their coupons, which is awesome for those who didn't earn it. You got to save nearly 50% on your records. Meanwhile the ones who actually bought merchandise at full price in order to earn those coupons got dicked over not only by spending money that they didn't have to spend, but by also having a lot of records we are interested in dissapear because of people like LazyLabradorRecords who order 50+ copies of the same items...

Ultimately, the blame SHOULD be placed with Hot Topic for allowing customers to use coupons that were not earned. Some of those who have complained about the latest Hot Cash debacle were told that Hot Topic has removed vinyl from the website during certain promotions to prevent people from hoarding up entire inventories and ruining it for the true fan. However, I find this difficult to believe when customers are ALLOWED to order ridiculous amounts of the same vinyl.

Hot Topic doesn't give a crap about the "true fan" otherwise they would limit purchases to 1 or 2 per customer. Obviously this won't stop people who are going to make a purchase of 2 and then return and buy 2 more but this can actually be an effective method if properly enforced. Maybe you can't stop someone from going in the store and buying 2 and then coming back for 2 more, but this can prevent people from ordering 25+ copies of one vinyl as soon as it shows up online. Then again, I doubt Hot Topic cares about customers who buy 25+ copies of one item as long as they are paying closer to full price... add a Hot Cash or 25%-50% off coupon and suddenly it's "We have to save the true fans!"

I don't buy it.

Hot Topic is a store for 10 y/o girls. I highly doubt they understand the concept of "true fan". Nor why would they care?