THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Not ebay (and this is kind of off topic, sorry) but is this worth anything?

http://www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/Aerosmith--First-album-1973-rare-original-pressing-with-misprint-_15590305

Is that a Canadian pressing?

I only know about the US pressings, but if the vinyl is as NM as the cover appears to be, $25 would be a very fair price for a misprint cover. It would sell on eBay for anywhere from $25 - $75, you just never know with Aerosmith vinyl.

Yes I think it's a Canadian pressing. Discogs says that the 'PC' part of Columbia PC 32005, means a Canadian pressing. Would it be worth less?

Is that a Canadian pressing?

I only know about the US pressings, but if the vinyl is as NM as the cover appears to be, $25 would be a very fair price for a misprint cover. It would sell on eBay for anywhere from $25 - $75, you just never know with Aerosmith vinyl.

Yes I think it's a Canadian pressing. Discogs says that the 'PC' part of Columbia PC 32005, means a Canadian pressing. Would it be worth less?

I don't know the relation between the PC prefix and Canadian pressings but PC is a very common prefix on US releases. So it certainly can't be assumed that PC = Canadian press. But anyways, the PC prefix was not used on original pressings, at least not for Aerosmith records. So it can't be a US issue because misprints only exist on KC prefix copies, I believe. Columbia had several different prefixes, one of which was a "budget" line, if I recall correctly. I wonder if that's what this copy is since it has that "nice price" sticker on it. But if that is the case, it means they apparently never fixed the misprint or changed the front cover like they did in the US. So perhaps all Canadian copies have the misprint, in which case it isn't worth much at all. Which was my intitial question when you posted this.

But anyways, if the misprint is indeed as rare on the Canadian pressings as it is on US pressings, it's certainly worth $25 to the right person. Columbia pressings from that era are virtually identical to their US counterparts which is probably why there's rarely any special demand for them. I wouldn't gamble on this for flipping purposes, though, if that's your concern.

I don't know the relation between the PC prefix and Canadian pressings but PC is a very common prefix on US releases. So it certainly can't be assumed that PC = Canadian press. But anyways, the PC prefix was not used on original pressings, at least not for Aerosmith records. So it can't be a US issue because misprints only exist on KC prefix copies, I believe. Columbia had several different prefixes, one of which was a "budget" line, if I recall correctly. I wonder if that's what this copy is since it has that "nice price" sticker on it. But if that is the case, it means they apparently never fixed the misprint or changed the front cover like they did in the US. So perhaps all Canadian copies have the misprint, in which case it isn't worth much at all. Which was my intitial question when you posted this.

But anyways, if the misprint is indeed as rare on the Canadian pressings as it is on US pressings, it's certainly worth $25 to the right person. Columbia pressings from that era are virtually identical to their US counterparts which is probably why there's rarely any special demand for them. I wouldn't gamble on this for flipping purposes, though, if that's your concern.

Thanks a lot for all the information. I was planning on buying it to sell (maybe this makes me a bad person,) but now I'll probably just pass on it.

LOL, apparently this fluctuates between $37-$445 according to CollectorsFrenzy. I know nothing of Aerosmith stuff so I don't know if there's different versions of the misprint.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Default.aspx?ctl00%24SearchKey=aerosmith+misprint+&SortKey=0&x=0&y=0

Maybe I should buy it, throw it on and see what it goes for. If it ends up selling for super cheap, it was only $25, so who cares.

wouldnt surprise me if he does shill bid. he lists stuff regularly and most things he lists end on the very high side, a lot of times on the unusually high side to top it off. i've watched a few of his auctions because he starts most of them at 99 cents, but if they sit around long enough will no bids or has a bid of like $3 they magically start going higher out of the blue. a lot of times with bids from newly registered accounts or accounts with under 5 feedback, where their only bidding is on 10-15 auctions from this guy making it 100% of bids solely on this guy's auctions. he posts here too if i can find the thread i'll link it.

edit with the thread - here's the thread he made for his latest round of ebay rip offs.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71017

In both examples the records went on the very high end of the selling spectrum. There have been unsold BINs for that split 7" that went unsold for less than that one went. As for Frank Turner a rarer version of the record went for half that last week. I am not saying that he shill bids on every auction (I'm not even saying that he shill bids at all, just that it is a possibility). In both cases there could be one person that sets a very high bid and the seller uses another account to bump up bid to get closer to the original persons max bid. Or the first user gets out bid by the shill bidder and lets emotion get the better of reason and places another bid. That is how shill bidding works. If you could explain to me how that is wrong rather than just saying I am wrong I would love to hear.

In both examples the records went on the very high end of the selling spectrum. There have been unsold BINs for that split 7" that went unsold for less than that one went. As for Frank Turner a rarer version of the record went for half that last week. I am not saying that he shill bids on every auction (I'm not even saying that he shill bids at all, just that it is a possibility). In both cases there could be one person that sets a very high bid and the seller uses another account to bump up bid to get closer to the original persons max bid. Or the first user gets out bid by the shill bidder and lets emotion get the better of reason and places another bid. That is how shill bidding works. If you could explain to me how that is wrong rather than just saying I am wrong I would love to hear.

I'm sure you know this but I was joking with my post. Was just mocking the other dude.

Really! This makes LazyLabrador Records seem like the most reasonable person in the world. I got this record for $25 shipped from Germany on white vinyl which is the more limited version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cursive-LP-Storms-Early-Summer-Semantics-Song-Bright-Eyes-/270907638811?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3f135a841b

Yes but if I'm guessing Reckless its probably out of stock because their website is crap. I have got some gems off of their website but lately I have got nothing because everything I order off of there has already been sold. Ordered Johnny Cash: A Hundred and Highways and David Bazan/Casey Foubert split and they were already gone. How hard is it to have an inventory system where if it is sold in the store, it automatically takes it off the website.