THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I passed on that for 10 bucks at a vinyl flee market a while back, Im more bummed I didnt up the original pressing of Rancid's 2000 S/T LP for $5

what's retarded is that it's still available new at kingsroadmerch for $13 (the orange Not Without A Fight, not Rancid)

i acutally have gotten that twice before but crazy enough they have both been fine upon arrival.

Haha, man i have gotten some awesome ebay messages from some dumbass that almost bid on a cd and tried to blame me for tricking him, despite saying cd in the description and having a photo of the cd. some people are idiots.

here is what was said:

1st email "this description is deceiving. this is not a seven inch. i almost bid on it. consider changing it."

my response "its only deceiving if you don't read it. it clearly states "up for grabs is: ALKALINE TRIO - FOR YOUR LUNGS ONLY CDEP" see it says cd right in the description! thanks"

2nd message from the buyer "so you are telling me i can sell anything under a false name as long as it says what it actually is in tiny little font at the bottom of the page."

my response "no, i am telling you to read the description. i have Lawrence arms and nofx in the title however you arent expecting to get a Lawrence arms or nofx record or CD. why not? its in the title too.

also if you take a glance at the picture you will notice its obviously a CD not a record. I'm not trying to trick anyone, i make it clear what you are bidding on. don't get so bent out of shape.

thanks again, take care.

matt"

i love ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230354168801&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

yeah, i remember when i moved into my condo and was cleaning out my apartment i found a few of those and even called them just to make sure they didnt still have any of those laying around.

To this day i still remember sundails sitting in the 7" bin at music exchange in tampa. i think it was 4 or 5 bucks and i looked at it about 10 times and never picked it up... haha instead i got the Bigwig 7" and a schleprock 7" over sundials. :) whoops!

i acutally have gotten that twice before but crazy enough they have both been fine upon arrival.

Haha, man i have gotten some awesome ebay messages from some dumbass that almost bid on a cd and tried to blame me for tricking him, despite saying cd in the description and having a photo of the cd. some people are idiots.

here is what was said:

1st email "this description is deceiving. this is not a seven inch. i almost bid on it. consider changing it."

my response "its only deceiving if you don't read it. it clearly states "up for grabs is: ALKALINE TRIO - FOR YOUR LUNGS ONLY CDEP" see it says cd right in the description! thanks"

2nd message from the buyer "so you are telling me i can sell anything under a false name as long as it says what it actually is in tiny little font at the bottom of the page."

my response "no, i am telling you to read the description. i have Lawrence arms and nofx in the title however you arent expecting to get a Lawrence arms or nofx record or CD. why not? its in the title too.

also if you take a glance at the picture you will notice its obviously a CD not a record. I'm not trying to trick anyone, i make it clear what you are bidding on. don't get so bent out of shape.

thanks again, take care.

matt"

i love ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230354168801&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

To be fair, the title says it's a 7", despite what the description and picture say. It is somewhat misleading.

looks like a $999,998 loss to me.

but seriously, as tough as the economy is and all, amazing that people have millions to drop on stuff like this.

Hahahahaha...Best. Post. Ever.

Yeah, I agree. You purposely mislisted it in the subject line. I'd be pretty bummed, too, if I clicked on it only to find out it was a CD.

doing that will get more people to look at the auctions, your item will come up in more searches and will most likely end a few bucks higher becuase more people viewed that auction. thats also why you put similar style bands in the title.

When i sell shirts, i never put the size in the title so people have to look at your auction. Anything that makes people look at what you are selling is good thing, but maybe i have a different view since i work in the advertising world.

BUT, all my items were listed in the cd category, have pics, and say it in fucking CAPS that it is a cd. So if people are to busy to read and look at pics then they deserve to bid on the wrong shit.

Fuck em! the smart kids will figure it out.