OG pressings of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut available here 2/25?!?!

Some cart systems, like the one used by bigcartel, allow people to put all of a site's stock into their carts, at which point nobody else can add them.

If a site has 50 copies of a record, and some weisenheimer puts 45 in their cart, then only 5 other people will successfully be able to add copies to their own carts. Those 45 are "spoken for" until the cart is cleared by the person logging off, dumping them, or the purchase "timing out," which takes 10 minutes in this case.

Guest realtalk

There are plenty of dipshits who add all of them to their cart and fuck everything up for everyone else. That type of online cart system needs to go.

That type of online cart system prevents oversells.

Some cart systems, like the one used by bigcartel, allow people to put all of a site's stock into their carts, at which point nobody else can add them.

If a site has 50 copies of a record, and some weisenheimer puts 45 in their cart, then only 5 other people will successfully be able to add copies to their own carts. Those 45 are "spoken for" until the cart is cleared by the person logging off, dumping them, or the purchase "timing out," which takes 10 minutes in this case.

i see, i figured that was the problem...  but why even? It doesn't do a person any good to hold them all, and supposed someone tries to put 45 in their basket after someone else just did, they run the risk of not being able to add that many, then not being able to add any, because other people took their normal allowed one..... I don't think that is happening here, persay, at least not widescale,  seeing as they are coming up pretty much sold out soon after the 10 minute time period someone could be hypothetically holding them in the cart... I think people are just ready at the go and it's a hot commodity.. though a couple of people did say they got theirs after the 10 minute mark would have come if someone was holding them..

it was actually super easy this time around. YPAA went up just slightly before Electra (1-2minutes)so I added that to my cart then had another tab to add the other to my cart. No problems during checkout either. Got lucky I guess

That's nuts, dude. I started refreshing the page at 6:59. It wasn't until about 7:01 that the page didn't say "sold out" and actually allowed me to add to cart. For the ENTIRE time it kept saying every time I added to cart that ALL UNITS were in other carts and they had 10 minutes to complete checkout. For 15 minutes (until it finally said "sold out" again) I refreshed, added, got message of items being in other carts. I repeated that process about 50 times per minute. No BS. Never once was one available to actually add to my cart and check out with. I don't get how anyone got one. Damn it.

That's nuts, dude. I started refreshing the page at 6:59. It wasn't until about 7:01 that the page didn't say "sold out" and actually allowed me to add to cart. For the ENTIRE time it kept saying every time I added to cart that ALL UNITS were in other carts and they had 10 minutes to complete checkout. For 15 minutes (until it finally said "sold out" again) I refreshed, added, got message of items being in other carts. I repeated that process about 50 times per minute. No BS. Never once was one available to actually add to my cart and check out with. I don't get how anyone got one. Damn it.

just keep jumping in every week and doing the same.  it's sh*tty I know... I had that same problem the first time round going for both... the worst is when you think you can add one, but then it wont allow you....  I thought HOW THE F' IS ANYONE GETTING THESE! I MIGHT AS WELL GIVE UP. 

,,,,the second time around I decided to just hung on the Electra 2000, refreshing as I am sure everybody was.... I guess it's just luck, or a crap-shoot, or however you want to say it. 

But I decided I am happy with the YPAA repress, and I snagged Electra this time, so I, along with seemingly 100 or so others, will be out of the running for the next round (s) which should hopefully go easier for those left.  I am rooting for the people that have been after them for as long I was to snag them..

Does anyone know how many total of each are going to be sold in this fashion?

There were about 125 Electras and he said he has Astronaut in "fairly large quantities" so who knows.

50 Electras were sold in the first batch. 50 should have been sold in the second batch, but are we unsure if that is actually the case since it was a clusterfuck and his paypal stopped accepting orders or something like that? So there could be 25-50 Electras left I suppose, so this next batch will likely be the last, and probably at least several more batches of 50 of Astronaut going up over the next couple months I'd assume.