Pirate Press Records mailorder

swan

Directly from Pirates Press... 

Our vinyl records are manufactured exclusively by GZ Digital Media. Established over 60 years ago, and based in the Czech Republic, GZ is one of the most reputable vinyl production and full service printing facilities in the world. Using one-of-a-kind (proprietary) software to control the most advanced Direct to Metal Mastering (DMM) found anywhere in the industry. Our engineers and technicians produce some of the highest quality audiophile records you can buy. We make our own (award-winning!) 100% pure virgin vinyl compound, as well as all of our own colored vinyl compounds - truly breaking barriers with what is possible while still maintaining the integrity of the original compound. Working together with GZ, our mutual drive to always be at the forefront of vinyl is the reason why we strive to improve technologies that most other manufacturers do not. This partnership allows us to offer the greatest and most innovative vinyl manufacturing, printing, packaging, and fulfillment network to our customers all over the world.

I was actually considering posting this about this today. The guy who does mailorder for them is super nice, but honestly hasn't really been on the ball lately.

I pre-ordered street dogs - GOP 7"s which were supposed to ship before election day. I emailed them a few times in the middle of december and finally got them.

Then they were cool and hooked me up with a black copy that i paid them for at the beginning of january. Finally got it last week. Probably emailed them every week since I paid for it and kept hearing "i'll take care of it" The shipping label said it was shipped february 9th. It only took 4 days once they finally shipped it.

I'm still waiting on a poster that was supposed to ship with the 7" that I got the "it was packed up today" when I emailed them last week. So we'll see if it actually went out.

Other than the poster - which is a nice screenprinted limited poster, but a freebie - i've gotten everything i was supposed to from them. It was frustrating having to keep bugging them to ship stuff, so I'm hoping they got backed up with everything that was coming out and are back on top of the ball. I know they have 2 more street dogs 7"s in the works and I'm definitely going to order from them. I just hope its not a pain in the ass again.

Fuck them! I order the Rancid 7 inch set on January 3rd, still nothing! I opened a paypal claim they emailed me an hour later saying it would go out that day (this past Monday 2/11) said it was sent priority mail a week later nothing. I'll never order from them again! 

You know I honestly thought that the "small orders" aka 7"s and stuff were getting pushed to the back of the line because of the Rancid boxes. Can't believe they let a $300 order go though.

You know I honestly thought that the "small orders" aka 7"s and stuff were getting pushed to the back of the line because of the Rancid boxes. Can't believe they let a $300 order go though.

It wasn't the box set, I meant to say I ordered Indestructible. I understand if the 7's got pushed back to get the box sets out but a month and a half and still nothing is piss poor in my opinion plus all the emails I've had with Jon, he's told me 4 different times it was going out "that day". I really hope they never do any exclusives I really want because I will have a huge conflict ordering from them. Their customer service is terrible!

Placed an order for a Indestructible by Rancid on January 3rd. My first email was sent to PP on January 19th:

"Just wondering what's going on with my order for the Rancid 7 inch set. My
order number is 4776"

Got a response on January 22nd:

Hello Thomas ,

This should have left a few weeks back.. I am sorry it has not and i will send this out ASAP!
Hope you are doing well good sir.
You will receive tracking right away when this leaves the our doors, If you have any other questions or concerns please e-mail me back right away.
Cheers.
Jon

Emailed Jon again on January 25th:

Hey Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was wondering if this got sent out this week after your email correspondence? I don't have a tracking number as of yet.
TJ

Got a response January 30th:

Hey Thomas!

I checked our tracking site and I don't see the shipment. There have been a lot of hiccups lately but I have it on my to do list for today so i will pack it this evening and get it out to you!
Cheers

Emailed them on February 4th:

Hey Jon,

Just checking to see if my order went out yet, still haven't received any product or shipping/delivery email.

January 9th: Waited 5 days for a response, still nothing, so I emailed saying I would open a Paypal claim if I heard nothing by Monday:
I just wanted to email you once more before I open a Paypal claim. I've waited for a response and/or a product since January 30th, with neither I've decided to open a dispute. I'm really not trying to be a dick but I find it ridiculous that a month and a half after my original order I have no product. Both of your emails have stated "it's on your list of things to do". I'm not gonna tell you how to run a business but this is poor customer service. If the product had been sent, great, but I would like some type of proof, if not please cancel and refund. If not I'll be opening my dispute Monday.

Got a response from them about an hour after I opened my claim Monday (February 11th) afternoon:
Hello Thomas!

I would say I completely agree that this is not very good business practice on our part... I have not been the most organized or on top of everything lately... I apologize for that.The package is leaving today via USPS It should be there in three days because i paid for priority shipping. Here is the tracking.. Tracking:940551120108085879965
Cheers man and thanks for the support!

Jon
(feel free to track the package yourself and see there have been 0 updates to it, which leads me to believe that I was sent a false tracking number? It says status not available but shouldn't you be able to do something with any tracking number? I can track packages using a DC number I do it all the time with packages I send to people on here.) 

I'm certainly not about to defend these assholes, but it couldn't have shipped on Monday so you should probably give it until early next week before getting too worked up. Everybody knows the USPS tracking isn't that reliable. And it's possible it's paid for and ready to go but just not at the post office yet. It's still unacceptable but at least you seem to be one step closer.

I'm certainly not about to defend these assholes, but it couldn't have shipped on Monday so you should probably give it until early next week before getting too worked up. Everybody knows the USPS tracking isn't that reliable. And it's possible it's paid for and ready to go but just not at the post office yet. It's still unacceptable but at least you seem to be one step closer.

No, no this was last Monday the 11th, that's why I'm so fucking pissed! I need to edit my post. 

Don't know about ordering directly from them, but I do know about the general quality of their pressings... and it's usually shit.

ok9wjl.jpg

gonna disagree with this one. Own several records from Pirate's, have pressed a few things through Pirate's and have more stuff lined up to be pressed. Good dudes with fast turnaround and solid product - we do flexis through them and they sound amazing. folks who have hated flexis before have been converted by stuff they've heard come out of there.

Placed an order for a Indestructible by Rancid on January 3rd. My first email was sent to PP on January 19th:

"Just wondering what's going on with my order for the Rancid 7 inch set. My

order number is 4776"

Got a response on January 22nd:

Hello Thomas ,

This should have left a few weeks back.. I am sorry it has not and i will send this out ASAP!

Hope you are doing well good sir.

You will receive tracking right away when this leaves the our doors, If you have any other questions or concerns please e-mail me back right away.

Cheers.

Jon

Emailed Jon again on January 25th:

Hey Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was wondering if this got sent out this week after your email correspondence? I don't have a tracking number as of yet.

TJ

Got a response January 30th:

Hey Thomas!

I checked our tracking site and I don't see the shipment. There have been a lot of hiccups lately but I have it on my to do list for today so i will pack it this evening and get it out to you!

Cheers

Emailed them on February 4th:

Hey Jon,

Just checking to see if my order went out yet, still haven't received any product or shipping/delivery email.

January 9th: Waited 5 days for a response, still nothing, so I emailed saying I would open a Paypal claim if I heard nothing by Monday:

I just wanted to email you once more before I open a Paypal claim. I've waited for a response and/or a product since January 30th, with neither I've decided to open a dispute. I'm really not trying to be a dick but I find it ridiculous that a month and a half after my original order I have no product. Both of your emails have stated "it's on your list of things to do". I'm not gonna tell you how to run a business but this is poor customer service. If the product had been sent, great, but I would like some type of proof, if not please cancel and refund. If not I'll be opening my dispute Monday.

Got a response from them about an hour after I opened my claim Monday (February 11th) afternoon:

Hello Thomas!

I would say I completely agree that this is not very good business practice on our part... I have not been the most organized or on top of everything lately... I apologize for that.The package is leaving today via USPS It should be there in three days because i paid for priority shipping. Here is the tracking.. Tracking:940551120108085879965

Cheers man and thanks for the support!

Jon

(feel free to track the package yourself and see there have been 0 updates to it, which leads me to believe that I was sent a false tracking number? It says status not available but shouldn't you be able to do something with any tracking number? I can track packages using a DC number I do it all the time with packages I send to people on here.)

Wow. That's pretty fucked up.

Placed an order for a Indestructible by Rancid on January 3rd. My first email was sent to PP on January 19th:

Yeah not sure which indestructible you ordered, but that's pretty unacceptable. If it's not PP exclusive I'd file the claim and order from RevHQ. Maybe it's one of these?

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=PIR066AB

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=PIR066

gonna disagree with this one. Own several records from Pirate's, have pressed a few things through Pirate's and have more stuff lined up to be pressed. Good dudes with fast turnaround and solid product - we do flexis through them and they sound amazing. folks who have hated flexis before have been converted by stuff they've heard come out of there.

Their quality control is spotty, but I love how GZ puts together 7"s. I feel like they do the best job in term's of 7" sound quality, and I'm not really a fan of 7"s.

I realize that had nothing to do with their mailorder. Interpunk carries their stuff though.

Yeah not sure which indestructible you ordered, but that's pretty unacceptable. If it's not PP exclusive I'd file the claim and order from RevHQ. Maybe it's one of these?

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=PIR066AB

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=PIR066

The second link is the one I ordered, I really wish I hadn't ordered through them. I'm gonna pursue the claim and see what happens. So shitty on their part, just pack and send the fucking thing!